Question

Honor Student
eridani
Message 1 of 6 (3,791 Views)

%1 is not a valid win32 application for C3180

Hi all.  I am receiving the above error message when I try to install the software for my C3180 printer.  I used the latest downloaded version when I tried to install it.  I have disabled all programs when I'm running it: virus programs, Steam, etc.  The printer is connected through a USB.  The HP KB article did not help.  When I looked at the Microsoft KB article on the issue, it says I have to go to the registry, and look up some service name.  I'm assuming it has "hp" in its name, but I have numerous entries that start with "hp."  Any help to get my driver working is appreciated.  Thanks.

PC Stats:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+

2048 MB RAM

Windows XP Home SP2

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 6 (3,790 Views)

Re: %1 is not a valid win32 application for C3180

So none of the steps in THIS document resolved the issue?
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Honor Student
eridani
Message 3 of 6 (3,788 Views)

Correct.  That article is for Vista; I'm running XP.  Besides, that article pertains to using the CD, which I do not have.  Do I need my driver cd when I can download the same exact file off the HP site?
Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 4 of 6 (3,783 Views)

The steps are the same for both XP and Vista. and usually the CD driver version will not be the latest version as the one available on hp.com. i suggest you try installing it from the CD and see what happens(unless Vista is not listed on the CD label.)
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Honor Student
roger56chevy
Message 5 of 6 (2,986 Views)

I just purchased the CD listed below the HP Driver for Full Feature as the download or 12 hours with HP Support could not make my C3180 scanner work with Vista.  When the CD arrived today, it only says Windows 2000 & XP - no Vista on the CD label.  I ordered it from the HP Driver Support page http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&cc=uk&dlc=en&product=1146331%E2%8C%A9=...

How do I scan with C3180 & Vista??  I am in the process of scanning & archiving 60 page journals in PDF and the C3180 worked great with XP till my laptop crashed, so I bought a new laptop & it came with Vista.  Do I have to buy another?  Will a C5580 scan 60 page PDFs?

Student
EZoltan
Message 6 of 6 (2,904 Views)

Hi all with driver issues,

I just want to express my disappointment with HP.

I am in the process of downloading and installing Windows Server 2008 x64 drivers (some 50 of them). When I run them on the Windows Server 2008 x64 machine, it says "It is not a valid Win32 application". I would have been very surprised if it would be a valid 32-bit application, since I downloaded the 64-bit version.

On top of that HP's driver download website is stuffed. It is so small that I have to turn my fonts to the highest possible to be able to discern something. Same with IE7 and 8.

Getting worse by the day. What's wrong with you, HP?

Zoltan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation