06-23-2009 07:55 PM
06-25-2009 11:55 PM
I recently got some office Max brand Ink for my HP PSC 1610 and it doesn't work right. It rejects the Black cartridge and does not print in the correct colors. For example, orange comes out pink. I have tried updating the printer, the drivers, everything, but it won't work, is there anything I can do to fix it?
I would suggest them back to Office Max and get a warranty replacement. If orange is pink it would indicate that yellow is not working on the color cartridge. You could verify this by gently blotting the printhead on a damp tissue. A good cartridge would have a stripe of cyan, magenta and yellow. It would appear the reman cartrdige you have is defective.
For the black cartrdige you might try cleaning the cartridge contacts as shown here (for a different series, but same principle for cleaning).
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS