Question

Top Student
ncnash
Message 1 of 5 (253 Views)
Accepted Solution

6700 Printer installation on wireless network

Forgive my ignorance of the computer world, but I had the job of installing a new 6700 printer at the office today.

We have two computers that had been connected wirelessly to our old 8500.  I was able to follow the directions in the box and get MY computer set up, using the enclosed CD.  I am able to print.  However, when someone went to print a document

from THEIR computer, they were unable to.

Not understanding how wireless networking works, my question is:  Do I have to use the CD on their computer in

order for it to get connected to the printer....or is there something I can do from my computer to add his computer

to the printer?  Thanks, in advance, for trying to help me.

Distinguished Professor
DevRao
Message 2 of 5 (238 Views)

Re: 6700 Printer installation on wireless network

Hi,

Please provide more info, is the other computer used is it temporary connection or will that be a fixed connection to the printer? also what is the O\S used on both computer?

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Top Student
ncnash
Message 3 of 5 (234 Views)

Thank you for your reply!  It's a Toshiba laptop that will be permanently connected to the printer.  We have Windows, but I have to stop by the office to find out which version we are using and will let you know.

Top Student
ncnash
Message 4 of 5 (215 Views)

It's Windows 7 Professional.

Distinguished Professor
Cheetah12
Message 5 of 5 (186 Views)

Hello ncnash.

I understand your concerns. To the question from your previous post: Yes, you have to install the Officejet 6700 Premium to your other computer so it can establish your wireless connection otherwise you will be unable to print or scan documents as you are noticing.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

Ashley

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation