Question

grr Honor Student
Honor Student
grr
Message 1 of 5 (1,745 Views)

7210 paper jam

Printer jams everytime we try to print. It seems to feed on one side only and pull the paper in crooked.  What can we do?
Top Student
enterprizer
Message 2 of 5 (1,698 Views)

Re: 7210 paper jam

I don't have your answer but my 7210 just started doing the same and I am virtually sure mine is due to small piece of paper in the feed mechanism that I can't see.
Teacher
HardCopy
Message 3 of 5 (1,677 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Grr, enterprizer,

I had a similar machine (OJ 7400) awhile back and recall having to do some 'clearing' of the paper-path.

Here are a couple of 'how-to' links that may help clear-out the paper jams, and/or detect if the paper isn't being picked and feed correctly:

1. Checking for and clearing paper jams/paper-path
  2. Checking for inaccurate paper-picking/feeding issue

Do let me know if this helps.

Regards,

-HardCopy

Message Edited by HardCopyTed on 11-05-2009 10:34 AM
Regards,
HardCopy (I am employed by HP)
[If you found this helpful, please mark this 'Solved' or 'Accept as Solution' so others can find this too]

How to Give Kudos | How to mark as Solved

Top Student
enterprizer
Message 4 of 5 (1,646 Views)

thanks, I am embarressed because I had not looked more carefully and over reacted in asking for help. THe back access panel was all I needed and the printer is fully functional.
rts Student
Student
rts
Message 5 of 5 (523 Views)

Thanks for the hint on the back panel.  I spent nearly an hour trying to figure out how to get a small piece of paper out of the deep printer mechanism, but I popped open the aforementioned back panel, the paper fell out, all well now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation