Question

Top Student
mmcphie
Message 1 of 3 (669 Views)
Accepted Solution

7410 no option to select upper/lower paper tray

[ Edited ]
I installed the latest software for XP for my All-in-One 7410, but there is no option to select the lower paper tray.  It only shows "upper tray".  In the past, it offered upper tray, lower tray, lower then upper, upper than lower, etc.  With the latest installation, it seems to have disappeared.  Can anyone offer advice to get my options back (to use the lower tray, for example)?  Many thanks in advance.
Message Edited by mmcphie on 11-06-2009 02:22 PM
Message Edited by mmcphie on 11-06-2009 02:23 PM
Top Student
mmcphie
Message 2 of 3 (640 Views)

Re: 7410 no option to select upper/lower paper tray

Problem solved!  Quite by accident, I stumbled onto the solution of the problem in another HP forum.  There is something missing in the registry, and when you add a key word, the problem is immediately solved.

I found the solution under IT Resource Center Forums>Multifunction, copier, & fax products>color multifunction, then the thread titled Officejct 7410 Default paper tray (dated Feb. 4, 2006).  When I added the registry key HPDJEnableSecondTray as Marshall suggested, it fixed the problem.  As was also noted, it appears to be a bug in the software when you reinstall it.

I lucked out stumbling on this solution after some Google searches, and am posting it here for anyone else having a hard time finding it.

Student
royholcomb
Message 3 of 3 (472 Views)

Re: 7410 no option to select upper/lower paper tray

I also found a solution on another forum post which I now can't find again after promising to post results of my fix if I found it. My fix however was actually quite simple.

I printed a test page and then went back and checked the settings again and this time the options were all there. I then selected lower tray and printed another test page and it worked perfect. It's a shame that the HP support techs don't know how to fix this problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation