Question

Honor Student
kenfrantz
Message 1 of 5 (828 Views)
Accepted Solution

7610 print driver for Windows 8.1

I have the 7610 office jet. It handles paper up to 13x19. When I try to print on very large paper, the paper size selection on the print dialog does not show the larger paper sizes, such as Tabloid (11x17 inches). Hence I cannot select/print on the larger paper sizes. Is there another driver for this printer that will allow printing on Tabloid and larger paper?

HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 2 of 5 (809 Views)

Re: 7610 print driver for Windows 8.1

Hello kenfrantz. I understand you would like to print in different sizes. This HP document contains information on how print sizes and settings are controlled from our own software: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c01455146

When printing in a different size, assuming the settings in our software are correct, ensure the settings in the program you are utilizing are also correct. Please inform me when you complete troubleshooting, and I will continue to assist you if necessary.

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
kenfrantz
Message 3 of 5 (788 Views)

Mario,

The doc you reference is out of date. It does not show any instructions for Windows 8.1. However, I went to the printer settings in Control Panel and the paper size list was incomplete. It does not show 11x17 or 13x19 paper sizes. I was also on the phone with HP Support. The tech connected remotely to my PC and was not able to find the paper sizes, either. She said she would log a bug.

Regards,

Ken Frantz

kenfrantz@outlook.com

HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 4 of 5 (777 Views)

Actually, the troubleshooting steps listed in the document are still relevant, and the equivalent steps can be performed on Windows 8.1. I double-checked on my own to ensure complete accuracy.

Regardless, uninstalling and reinstalling the printer software is the next troubleshooting step. This HP document provides additional information on uninstalling printer software: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c02259020

This HP document provides additional information on installing printer software: http://www8.hp.com/ca/en/support-topics/printer-installation/install-download-printer-drivers.html

If this step does not resolve the issue, please let me know. In addition, please list all troubleshooting steps the previous technician attempted. I will continue to research the issue in he meantime.

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
gelswick
Message 5 of 5 (73 Views)

Mario,

The second link you give above is broken. The very first link does NOT have anything to do with Win 8.1. Win 7 shows tabloid-11"x17" paper, Win 8.1 will not and with no place to revise/add it. One reason I bought this printer was to get the 11x17" size and of course the bix says works with Win 8.1. This would be the second and last HP printer I have that would no longer work when Windows was upgraded. Scan, fax, copy & print, no not with the next windows version.... 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation