08-11-2014 09:55 AM
Once a week or so I get a notification that there is an update available for my 8600 Plus:
The update always fails and then sends me to the web site to download the update manually:
I download it, run it, nothing happens, and then I forget about it until next week when I get the notification again.
How do I install this update?
08-12-2014 01:52 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums!
I understand that your update always fails with your HP Officejet 8600, and I am happy to help you with this issue!
For further assistance, I will need to know:
- If you are using a Windows or Mac Operating System, and the version number. To find the exact version, visit this link. Whatsmyos.
- If the printer is connected, Wireless, Ethernet, or USB.
- If the printer is able to make copies by itself.
- If the power cable is plugged into a surge protector, or directly to the wall outlet. Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector. This applies to Inkjet printers as well.
Hope to hear from you, and have a good day!
08-12-2014 03:10 PM
Oops, sorry about the low quality post. I should know better.
- OS: Windows 7 64-bit.
- Connection: WiFi
- All printer functions work flawlessly except for this update issue.
- Printer plugged directly in to the wall.
08-12-2014 03:13 PM
Thank you for your reply!
Please try doing the firmware update directly from the control panel of the printer. Getting the Latest Firmware and Product Updates. We will see if that clears the message.
Hope this solution helps you, and have a nice day!
08-12-2014 03:22 PM - edited 08-12-2014 03:22 PM
Thank you for your reply!
Hope this helps you, and have a great day!
08-12-2014 03:39 PM - edited 08-12-2014 03:41 PM
I did as instructed. After finishing installing the drivers, I ran HP Update. The problem I described in the first post persisted.
FWIW, this is the link it sends me to when I click the "Click here" in the second screenshot above.
08-13-2014 10:32 AM
Thank you for your response!
Let's try plugging in the USB cable for a direct connection from the computer to the printer, and then run the update.
Hope to hear from you, and have a nice day!
11-25-2014 08:33 AM
Does the same error appear if you plug in the USB cable into other ports on the computer?
Also, have you tried another USB cable?
I would also recommend this program, Fix problems that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled, directly through Microsoft.
Hope this clears things up, and please keep me updated!
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS