Re: Additional software Solution Centre, IRIS etc (178 Views)
Top Student
alanw8888
Message 1 of 7 (264 Views)

Additional software Solution Centre, IRIS etc

I am experiencing considerable difficulty installing any of the software suppllied with the C7280 driver.

The driver seems to install OK and works but ....

Installation runs until the the 'configuring programs' actions (last item) which goes on for a long time then fails.

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling numerous times. I have tried uninstalling the individual software items and then running the driver installer and installing the software individually. All say installed OK but IRIS cannot be found, solution centre tells me 'device installation is not complete'.

I have run Print and Scan doctor that tells me no problem with the 'Printer' but the Scanner reports A problem was found with the device registration.

I needed to reinstall the printer etc as some how the printer was reporting it was connected and failed to print but the problem was that the printer was using a different IP address X.X.X.10 and the computer thought it was on X.X.X.7 .  This problem has been resolved.

Also when running one of the HP diagnostic programmes I was also asked to select the printer and it listed 3 Versions of the printer. I suspected that this could be the problem but I am unable the replicate this and only one printer is shown in Control Panel.

I have a C7280 printer

Windows 8.1 (64 bit)

Wi-Fi connected.

Any help would be appreciated .

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 2 of 7 (217 Views)

Re: Additional software Solution Centre, IRIS etc

[ Edited ]

Hi alanw8888, having 3 versions if the printer could certainly be causing a conflict.Sounds like we need a fresh start. I suspect, removing the driver from printer server properties and doing a complete uninstall will resolve this issue. use the instructions below to perform these tasks.

1. In the ‘Devices and Printers’ folder delete the printer < Click here for instructions.

2. Choose ‘Print server properties’.  (Select any printer in the ‘Devices and Printers’ folder and click ‘Print Server properties’ above.)

3. Click on the ‘Drivers’ tab at the top of ‘Print server properties’ window

4. Choose the printer you want to uninstall and click ‘Remove’

5. Choose 'Remove driver only"

6. The next screen will give a warning, letting you know that deleting the driver package will remove it from the system. Click ‘Yes’ to say that you are sure you want to do this.

If you get an 'In use'  error try restarting the print spooler, then try to remove the driver from ‘Print server properties’ again. If it still won’t remove the package, restarting the computer and printer should resolve this ‘in use’ error and allow the driver to be removed.

After the driver is removed from the server properties we can proceed with uninstalling and reinstalling  the software.

1. Hold down the Windows Logo key (  ) on the keyboard and the 'R' to open the run box,  type %temp%
  2. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)
  3. Open folder Util
  4. Open folder CCC
  5. If you have an HP computer run the L3uninstall.exe. If you have a non-HP computer run the L4uninstall.exe
  6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer
  7. Follow these steps to reset the registry settings and options for Windows Installer.
    • Click Start, and then click Run.
    • In the Open  box, type msiexec /unreg, and then click OK.
    • Click Start, and then click Run.
    • In the Open  box, type msiexec /regserver, and then click OK
  8. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools
  9. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html
  10. Now we can restart the computer and Download and install the HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, if you require additional assistance I will gladly help out.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the left to say thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
alanw8888
Message 3 of 7 (198 Views)

Thank you for reply.

Unfortunately although I tried your suggestions I was unable to get any change in the problem.

There could be a couple of reasons for this.

1. Having completed Step 1 of your 'walk through' - delete the printer,  I couldn't complete Step 2 as I then had no printer to click on. I then reinstalled the printer software so that I could go to step 2 but although that seemed to be a good idea at the time it was in fact no help as there was no way that I could find to access the 'print server properties'. (Windows help was as usual - no help!). I tried going via control panel and I could access the various printer properies the server one wasnt present.

2. I uninstalled the printer driver again and proceeded to the second part of your suggestion. I Looked for the 7zxxxx Folder and found that I had 24 of them ( Multiple reinstals?) I found some that had the required folders and followed your instructions. Until I reached the part 'If you have a non-HP computer run the L4uninstall.exe'  none of the 7zxxxx folders incuded this program but a similarly named batch file did exist - I ran this this.  I received a message that ' HP uninstall has stopped working'.  I completed the disk cleanup but was unsure which items I should cleanup so i did everything. Installed Adobe.

4. I again tried a re-instal of the full software.  but after some time I received a 'Fatal error during install.

During the various attempts (3 or 4) various other pieces of software popped up or were placed on the desk top (Solution for Installation Error On WIndows 8) useful but kept lopping and trying to re-instal the full software. One of these various windows offered two buttons one to test Printer (only one printer shown, test print produced) the other Scanner. The scanner button offered me the choice of 3 printers - C7280,  C7280#2  and C7280 (with the IP address).  Two of these printers appeared 'live', one was unavailable. Testing the scanner, on both printers, didnt produce any obvious result.

5. A re-run of Print and Scan Doctor still indictated Registry error.

A long explanation but I hope useful perhaps you have some other suggestions.

A further note the installed print driver will only print the last page of any multi page print sent to it.

Thanks

OS = Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit

Top Student
alanw8888
Message 4 of 7 (178 Views)

Just to add a further clarification the L4 Uninstall failed at Step 10/12.  Re running the L4 batch file after the fail causes the display of the 'DOS' style warning box but no other visible actions.

Top Student
alanw8888
Message 5 of 7 (172 Views)

I have spent some more time today trying to get this to work.

I tried a USB rather than wireless install without success.  (As suggested by one of the programs)

Later I found the elusive 'print server' properties and did the whole reistall  again but yet again  the same errors being shown.

I have a screenshot of an error log file unsure how I can get this to you. These gave a code of 27323465  and later 07125535. Can supply if required

The later gives (much abrieviated) the following, first few lines:-

LaunchApp(X:hpqtra08.exe -shutDown,1,00000000,00000000) failed with 2

Error opening key HKLM\Software\Hewlett-Packard\Install\{A96C5DB7-40F9-46DD-B36F-9E657D1D9E04}. error=2

CissueMapFactory::CreateIssue() there are no issues for the shield section

Timed out waiting for productfinish event

Exit code 1073087364

-------- My shortening of file follows

5 x Failed to get source and destination ID from autorun.inf

----------- then continues

LaunchApp(X:hpqtra08.exe -shutDown,1,00000000,00000000) failed with 2

Error opening key HKLM\Software\Hewlett-Packard\Install\{A96C5DB7-40F9-46DD-B36F-9E657D1D9E04}. error=2

Further failed to get source/destination ID from autorun.inf

CissueMapFactory::CreateIssue() there are no issues for the shield section

Timed out waiting for productfinish event

Whoa!!! Windows is being shutdown (CProgressDlg)

Exit Code=1602

Folllowed by 6  Error message received: Error 1905 Module X:smileyindifferent:\ [various .dll files] failed to unregister. HRESULT -2147220472. Contact your support personnel.

Then the whole thing seems to be repeated down to 'timed out waiting' ....

Hope this will assist

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 6 of 7 (154 Views)

Hi alanw8888,

Thank you for the detailed information. I suggest using the following document. Although some of the steps may have been done, it is important we complete all the steps in this document tin order.  You will not find Windows 8 as an option to choose from, instead you can select Window 7. The steps will be the same, the navigation will be different. Tip: To open the Run box on Windows 8, hold the Windows flak key and the letter R on the keyboard.

Fatal Error 'Error 1603. A fatal error occurred during installation' (MSI Error 1603) Displays Durin...

Although you are not experiencing an Fatal Error message, this document will guide you through the necessary steps to resolve the issue you are experiencing.

When you reach Solution  two, Step four, I recommend using the HP printer Installer Wizard. The HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows was created to help Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 users download and install the latest and most appropriate HP software solution for their HP Printer.

Keep me posted, I look forward to hearing back from you and seeing this issue resolved. :smileyhappy:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the left to say thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
alanw8888
Message 7 of 7 (129 Views)

Hi Sunshyn2005

I am sorry it has taken me so long to reply but I have been away.

I have tried your latest suggestion, several times, but I regret that it made no difference and all the results/errors remain as before. As detailed in my previous posts.

On step 2.  1 & 2 Entries in the 'Search Program & Files' box. Is it correct that there should be no 'visual' confirmation that anything has been done?

On the first re-install the installer requires the previous prorams be uninstalled and this produced the normal 'Fatal error' message. On following attempts I used the L4 unistal Bat and this also crashed each time with the message 'HP installer Uninstaller has stopped working'.

On attempting the full instal that repeatedly crashed with the 'Fatal Error' message during the last stage - Configring programs.

Is there any further info I can give to you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation