After Office Jet J6480 firmware update, all printer lights flash on and off each day (2455 Views)
Student
Jeepfreak99
Message 1 of 11 (2,455 Views)

After Office Jet J6480 firmware update, all printer lights flash on and off each day

Only after I upgraded my Office Jet J6480 firmware to version BHM1FN0830AR, all of its lights flash at least once a day and gives the error message "Turn power Off and Then On". I press the power button once and it turns on as normal. This happens at least once every day.  Does it seem to make sense to place the old firmware back on?  If so, does anyone know where to download it?

I have performed the following with no resolve: 

Step 1: Power Drain 

1. Turn Off the printer

2. Disconnect the power cable from the printer and wall outlet

3. Wait for 30 seconds

4. Connect the power cable to printer and wall outlet (not to surge protector)

5. Turn ON the printer and check the functionality.

Step 2 Partial Reset: Disconnect the power cable from the printer while it is ON.Press andhold the buttons # and 3 Pressing these buttons connect the powercable back to printer Hold these buttons at least for 10 sec. afterconnecting the power cable If the printer turns OFF, turn on theprinter and follow the on screen instructions.

Step 3 Semiful Reset: Disconnect the power cable from the printer while it is ON.Press andhold the buttons # and 6 Pressing these buttons connect the powercable back to printer Hold these buttons at least for 10 sec. afterconnecting the power cable If the printer turns OFF, turn on theprinter and follow the on screen instructions.

Thanks! 

Student
OHK62
Message 2 of 11 (1,747 Views)

Re: After Office Jet J6480 firmware update, all printer lights flash on and off each day

I have exactly the same issue. However, it did not appear after loading the new firmware, but just recently (a couple of weeks back). Mine is stopping, flashing all printer lights numerous times a day nowLooks more like a memory leakage or hardware issue than software to me. Did you find a way to correct the problem?
Student
erikbartlow
Message 3 of 11 (1,351 Views)

Re: After Office Jet J6480 firmware update, all printer lights flash on and off each day

I have the exact same issue.  I wonder if any HP techs are monitoring this forum?  After searching the printer's support page I didn't see any mention of this behavior.

Top Student
AirBoss
Message 4 of 11 (1,159 Views)

Same issue here, with the addition that the LCD screen displays "1-2-(3)-4-5"

Student
tlh523
Message 5 of 11 (648 Views)

Same here....this is getting to be a real pain as I am not always near the printer when I queue something up.

Honor Student
Deepchild
Message 6 of 11 (240 Views)

I am having lights flashing on and off after updating my drivers for my HP Officejet4500 for Windows 8.  I have to press the on/off switch to reset each time I want to print, but it does print.  Is there a solution anybody?

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 7 of 11 (235 Views)

Hello Deepchild,

When did you update your drivers, and how are you connected to the printer?  Is it giving you any error messages?

Thanks,

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
Deepchild
Message 8 of 11 (233 Views)

I'm connected wirelessly, and no errormessages.  After idle for a period of time (don't know how long) then it starts flashing.

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 9 of 11 (231 Views)

Deepchild,

Take a look at this document, and please let me know if the troubleshooting steps help to resolve your connection issue.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
Deepchild
Message 10 of 11 (207 Views)

This did not work.

UniProg wrote:

Deepchild,

Take a look at this document, and please let me know if the troubleshooting steps help to resolve your connection issue.

Good luck!

This did not work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation