01-06-2009 12:26 PM
Only after I upgraded my Office Jet J6480 firmware to version BHM1FN0830AR, all of its lights flash at least once a day and gives the error message "Turn power Off and Then On". I press the power button once and it turns on as normal. This happens at least once every day. Does it seem to make sense to place the old firmware back on? If so, does anyone know where to download it?
I have performed the following with no resolve:
Step 1: Power Drain
1. Turn Off the printer
2. Disconnect the power cable from the printer and wall outlet
3. Wait for 30 seconds
4. Connect the power cable to printer and wall outlet (not to surge protector)
5. Turn ON the printer and check the functionality.
Step 2 Partial Reset: Disconnect the power cable from the printer while it is ON.Press andhold the buttons # and 3 Pressing these buttons connect the powercable back to printer Hold these buttons at least for 10 sec. afterconnecting the power cable If the printer turns OFF, turn on theprinter and follow the on screen instructions.
Step 3 Semiful Reset: Disconnect the power cable from the printer while it is ON.Press andhold the buttons # and 6 Pressing these buttons connect the powercable back to printer Hold these buttons at least for 10 sec. afterconnecting the power cable If the printer turns OFF, turn on theprinter and follow the on screen instructions.
10-28-2009 11:45 AM
09-09-2010 06:40 AM
I have the exact same issue. I wonder if any HP techs are monitoring this forum? After searching the printer's support page I didn't see any mention of this behavior.
05-21-2013 07:09 AM
I am having lights flashing on and off after updating my drivers for my HP Officejet4500 for Windows 8. I have to press the on/off switch to reset each time I want to print, but it does print. Is there a solution anybody?
05-21-2013 08:29 AM
05-21-2013 10:30 AM
I'm connected wirelessly, and no errormessages. After idle for a period of time (don't know how long) then it starts flashing.
05-21-2013 12:45 PM
06-01-2013 09:58 AM
This did not work.
Take a look at this document, and please let me know if the troubleshooting steps help to resolve your connection issue.
This did not work.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS