Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have the same issue, with a brand new OS.

New Dell PC

Win 7 Home Premium 64bit

Deskjet 710C

Installed printer without any problems but then - no printing.

Gone through all the microsoft Update,  remove driver (even though this is for updates...), etc stuff.

Nothing helps.

hope you can!?!

Thanks

D

HP Recommended

thedexter wrote:

I have the same issue, with a brand new OS.

New Dell PC

Win 7 Home Premium 64bit

Deskjet 710C

There is an issue with the 64 bit drivers for the Deskjet 710/720/810/820/1000 series in Vista and Windows 7.  I do not know of any workaround.

[Edit - There is a patch that corrects the issue available here.]

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

How do I disable Windows Defender to see if I can start printing again?

HP Recommended

That forum entry was also posted up by me - I've just posted an update there.  I've spent a week with very helpful people at HP on e-mail, followed by a number of calls to telephone support.  It would appear that the fault isn't fixable.  I don't currently have the funds to upgrade my printer, so I'm arranging a refund on Windows 7 (accepted, since the printer is on the HCL). 

I would comment that the level of support I received has changed my views however.  As a repeat HP customer, I was initially determined that any replacement printer would not be HP, due to this issue.  The assistance received however, has encouraged me to consider the HP models as and when I can afford one.

In the meantime, if you have an HP deskjet 710C, I'd steer away from all 64-bit versions of Windows (I can advise that it works fine with the 32-bit version of Windows 7).

Regards,

David

HP Recommended

Jon,

I have same problem with my psc 2175 and new installation of Win7 32bit.  Installed with Windows driver fine but when print sent to spool queue it waits there for a while and then 'Error - Printing' message results.

Previously I had XP SP3 and all worked fine.

Answers to your questions are:

• Which version did you start with ?  - XP SP3
  • Which version of Windows 7 did you end up installing ? Win7 32 Bit
  • What hp printer was installed in old version of windows? psc 2175
  • Where did the installed software for the printer come from?  Windows update download (on 29/12/09)
  • How is the printer connected to your PC ? USB
  • Any other printers installed on your PC? No
  • Lastly the version of the printer driver that is currently installed that will not enable you to print? HP psc 2170 series (61.53.25.9)

Any help most appreciated!

Mark C

HP Recommended

i have an officejet 5610v (no fax) and i have installed it on a new hp computer, and it says there is a communication error, although it shows up on the computer...i cannot print anything from office.  the computer came witn windows 7 home premium 64 installed.

HP Recommended

I had the same issues with new install of Win7 using old psc 2175 printer.

Today I followed your instructions above and the test page worked first time.

Many thanks.

HP Recommended

I have Vista Home Premium 64 -bit.My 3210 all-in-one printer was working fine,even though the install disk doesn't support Vista,after installing about a year ago.I have the HP set up to auto install all updates and after a certain update the printer does not print now.I have tried downloading the driver update but still not printing.I can print a test from the printer functions but commands from the computer go to queue(?).I tried the- new driver- in the printer properties but that button does not highlite.Any clues to my next step.I don't know if the download that stopped the printer was the windows 8 or another.I don't use this computer often enough to catch and view all downloads each day. 

HP Recommended

@colonel6977 wrote:

I have Vista Home Premium 64 -bit.My 3210 all-in-one printer was working fine,even though the install disk doesn't support Vista,after installing about a year ago.I have the HP set up to auto install all updates and after a certain update the printer does not print now.I have tried downloading the driver update but still not printing.I can print a test from the printer functions but commands from the computer go to queue(?).I tried the- new driver- in the printer properties but that button does not highlite.Any clues to my next step.I don't know if the download that stopped the printer was the windows 8 or another.I don't use this computer often enough to catch and view all downloads each day. 

I would suggest installing the latest print driver for your Vista 64-bit PC here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2100&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=439488

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

I tried this and unfortunately it didn’t work.  I have an HP DeskJet 1220C and I recently updated my dinosaur from XP to windows 7.  I replaced the parallel print cable to a parallel/USB cable and that doesn’t work either.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer and driver and it still does not work.  When I send something to print it runs as if it’s going to print but nothing comes out.  :Crying:  Help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.