HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
08-10-2012 09:01 PM
My new HP Officejet 6700 Premiun H711n came with an install disc for Mac OSX 10.7 and below.
I downloaded the updated driver software for Mac OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion from the HP website and it will not allow me to run the HP Installer.
I get an "illegal" message because it didn't come from the Apple App Store.
HP says the updated download will allow me to run the HP Installer, but it dod not work.
08-11-2012 12:47 AM
Make sure your use the default Gatekeeper settings and run the installer again:
- Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
- Click the Lock key to make changes and provide your user details.
- Under Allow applications downloaded from, make sure to select Mac App Store and identified developers.
- Run the installation and it should go as expected now.
- Make sure to check the HP Recommended Software during the install.
In case of any further problem make sure you are installing the following download and not any other by mistake:
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution