Question

Tutor
Breva
Message 1 of 4 (160 Views)

All lights are flashing on a Deskjet F2100 printer/scanner/copier.

[ Edited ]

I've gone through the the disconnect from mains routine, left it for 24 hours, when I plug it back in, the lights just strat flashing again.  I've looked at the help pages on the HP site but nothing covers what is happening.

Any ideas what is wrong?  Is it knackered?  I'm thinking along those lines, but the annoying thing is that I have just purchased 2*21XL and 2*22XL cartridges.

Running XP

Tutor
Breva
Message 2 of 4 (145 Views)

Re: All lights are flashing on a Deskjet F2100 printer/scanner/copier.

[ Edited ]

Is the F2100 series too old to bother about?

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 3 of 4 (140 Views)

All lights are flashing on a Deskjet F2100 printer/scanner/copier.

Breva,

This article covers the flashing light patterns, what they mean, and how to resolve them. Give the steps outlined under your issue a shot and let me know the results:
http://goo.gl/28yRR

Best of Luck!
You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Tutor
Breva
Message 4 of 4 (129 Views)

Re: All lights are flashing on a Deskjet F2100 printer/scanner/copier.

Cheers JohnB.

I've been through the link you sent previously and the info is possibly incorrect as it states 

• Start Copy Black light : Blinking
  • Start Copy Color light : Blinking

There are no lights behind these, there are just press buttons.

I've tried everything that the 'solutions' link shows apart from actually spending money.

As the printer only cost me £30 UK Sterling, I think I'll just cough up get a new printer.  The issue I have is that I have just purchased 2 new ink cartridges and really want a printer they fit.  Hence my other thread about which printers are currently available that the cartridges fit.

Cheers.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation