Question

Honor Student
seamtn
Message 1 of 3 (383 Views)

Annoying drivers pop up window

I received the following message while working on my computer: "Hewlett-Parkard Printer Driver HPZid412/HPZius12) has stopped working properly". I went to the HP site, which instructed me to install the update driver. I did so. Now every time I boot up the computer as soon as the desk top appears a window automatically pops up. The window title bar is "Common folder" and the window has a folder icon titled "drivers". When I open the folder and files they are for the hp printer. The curious thing is that I was not having any problems using the printer either before I got the error message or after I installed the recommended update. It is operating fine. However, having this window pop up every time is a nuisance. My question is: How do I stop the pop up of this window showing the common dirve? I have the Microsoft Windows xp Home Edition operating system. Thank you for any direction you can give me.

Honor Student
Moggiemoonshine
Message 2 of 3 (355 Views)

Re: Annoying drivers pop up window

I have exactly the same problem.  This happened as soon as I had installed drivers for the HP 6110 as well as the existing HP 5500.  I have followed the standard procedures to stop this pop-up, but to no avail 5th. November

Honor Student
seamtn
Message 3 of 3 (347 Views)

Re: Annoying drivers pop up window

Thank you for your reply. As you have probably noted, I have received no other replies. If I finally get some direction on this pop-up problem, I will post it on this support form.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation