Automatic print preview (718 Views)
Honor Student
Irv_S
Message 1 of 6 (718 Views)
Accepted Solution

Automatic print preview

HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus.  Windows 7 (64 bit).  Is there any way to set up the printer so that it will automatically show a print preview before printing a page?  I know that many applications have a print option for preview along with page set up and the print command.  But some don't.  My old Epson Stylus Photo RX 680 had a nice feature that would always automatically show a preview of the page to be printed after I pressed the Print command button.  This helped to avoid erroneous printings.  I haven't been able to find such a feature on the software accompanying this printer.  Can anybody help?  Thanks.

Irv_S

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 2 of 6 (702 Views)

Re: Automatic print preview

Unfortunately as far as I know there is no built in Print Preview option. Windows includes this into their operating system. There are also third party apps that will give you a print preview option. Can I ask what program you are using that does not have a Preveiw function?

Thanks

SeanS

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Honor Student
Irv_S
Message 3 of 6 (696 Views)

Thanks, Sean.  As I noted in my question, and as you confirmed, Windows does indeed provide a "Page Preview" or 'Print Preview" on the drop down File menu, but this does not appear on all applications.  For example, it does appear on my OpenOffice.org word processor; but it does not appear on my Mozilla Firefox browser when i want to print a web page.  My old Epson printer had a built-in feature that would automatically provide a preview prior to executing the Print command.  This saved me many times from proceeding erroneously with a printing job that would have otherwise included a lot of pages that I didn't intend to print.

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 4 of 6 (692 Views)

Hum. Interesting about Firefox. On my version if you hover over "Print" you are given the "Print Preview" option as well as "Page Setup." Can you do that?

-SeanS

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 5 of 6 (673 Views)

Hey Irv_S. Did that resolve your issue? I saw you left a kudo on my most recent post, Thanks! If you have any other questions feel free to follow up.

Thanks,
SeanS
Student
Outlans
Message 6 of 6 (129 Views)

I have the same problem. I was using a Epson printer and had the option of previewing the picture or page that I cut and print what I cut and paste to the printer. Now I have to past it to a program like office or paint if it’s a picture before printing. And that is not right. I want to high light then Ctrl P and pick page range but the only dot that is highlighted is ALL the rest of the options are gray out like the page range, pages, current page, and I can’t click them any more like my old Epson printer. After over 20 pages of wasted paper and ink I could not get it the way I wanted. Dose Epson have a patented on that feature where HP can’t use it …

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation