Black ink won't print in Officejet Pro 8500 (1656 Views)
Student
KDB2010
Message 1 of 2 (1,656 Views)

Black ink won't print in Officejet Pro 8500

I'm having trouble with my Officejet Pro 8500.  Recently replaced the black ink cartridge (and have replaced the colors as well) but the black doesn't seem to want to print.  I've use the cleaning printhead cycle and it will last for a couple of pages but then goes back to skipping.  And even when I've left it printing nicely when I come back the next time to use it, it's gone again.  Any suggestions or help?  I'm extremely frustrated!

Honor Student
joleachman
Message 2 of 2 (1,587 Views)

Re: Black ink won't print in Officejet Pro 8500

You are not alone.

I went through this recently and was amazed at how many people (HP people included) did not have an answer.

Finally, I bought a new printhead for the black/yellow section and it is printing again. It is maddening that there is no sensor that could easily have told me that that was the problem.

The Best Buy Geek Squad guy said that it will only last for 6-9 months and it'll happen again. So, $60 gets me another 6-9 months.

I tell ya this much, I'll never spend a lot of money on an HP printer again because they are built to last only so long. No use in spending the money if something as small as a printhead exchange can get you goin again but HP won't tell you that.

I thought having to buy all the color cartridges was maddening enough...this tops it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation