lions99
Message 11 of 14 (217 Views)

Re: Black text not printing in black

OK, I updated the link. 

Student
dj-22
Message 12 of 14 (186 Views)

HP Officejet 4620 (purchased 6 months ago)

Purchased new HP Black Ink Cartridge

When installed the Black text prints blue

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 13 of 14 (180 Views)

Hey dj-22,

If you are having a print quality issue with the Officejet 4620, then I would advise taking a look at the steps in the document linked below.

Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues

If the steps do not address the issue, then keep in mind that the printer comes with a 1yr factory warranty.  If you got this printer only 6 months ago, then the printer is still in the manufacturer's original warranty period.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Top Student
tr5948
Message 14 of 14 (172 Views)

The cause remains a mystery. The solution was to remove the cartridges and put them back in. We suffer frequent transient power outages. I had to remove and reinstall several times.

I have since gone through several sets. The problem has not reoccured. I do not think the problem lies in the printer but something in that set of ink cartridges.

The diagnostics could offer more 'in the weeds' detail for those of us who would welcome it. Or a big reset button - a simple reset likely would have solved the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation