Blank HP Solution Center (1041 Views)
Honor Student
PCGOD
Message 1 of 3 (1,041 Views)
Accepted Solution

Blank HP Solution Center

[ Edited ]

I'm having trouble with the HP Solution center that pops up when I turn on my printer, which is an HP Officejet J4540. The HP Solution Center is blank. I tried reinstalling it, reinstalling the entire software and drivers for my printer, installing flash player, and updating by HP update and Windows Update. It just started a few days ago after the bug update from HP to fix a scan picture problem. I've tried everythign I can think of, if anyone has had this problem or if you know how to fix it that would be great. Below is a picture of what I get. I can still click on the buttons but it either does nothing or goes to the next screen and is still blank. Thanks in advance.

http://i52.tinypic.com/2n0m2wy.png

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 3 (1,002 Views)

Re: Blank HP Solution Center

Hi,

Please remove the Flash Player from Add / Remove Programs, then install the latest version by visiting Adobe:

http://www.adobe.com/go/EN_US-H-GET-FLASH

Once done, enter your printer installation disk into the CD Rom driver, close any window which will autorun.

Enter My Computer > right click the cdrom and then click Browse

Enter the Setup Folder

Enter The Solutioncenter Folder

Right click Solutioncenter.msi (Will appear with a different icon than other files) and click Repair

Approve any alert during the installation.

Once done, reboot your PC and launch the HP Solution Center.

Can you see any progress?

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
PCGOD
Message 3 of 3 (993 Views)

SOLVED Re: Blank HP Solution Center

[ Edited ]

EDIT: SOLVED:

I'm still having a problem, several now actually. First, I uninstalled Flash from the Control Panel and then I went to the link and tried to reinstall Flash for Internet Explorer and it wont let me download it so I can install it. The page just keeps refreshing when I click on the download link. I installed Flash for all my other internet browsers though, Firefox and Chrome. Second, I tried to "repair" Solution Center by "Solutioncenter.msi" as you told me to but I get an error stating:

"This action is only for products that are currently installed"

When I try to install it, I get this error:

"This installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2732."

I rebooted my computer and nothing. After reboot I tried all steps again and still the same.

Is there an online installer for the Solution Center that I can try?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: SOLVED:

I tried something else and it worked. I checked the status of the flash player in all browsers and I disabled all of them rebooted and then enabled all of them again and now it's working correctly. All that was after I uninstalled and reinstalled everything

Thanks you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation