Question

Honor Student
DorisOfThe7
Message 1 of 4 (869 Views)

C3180 Error Paper Jam, and Error reading The print cartridge cradle cannot move messages

I had a new wireless D-Link service hooked up to my computer. Ever since, my C3180 printer has been a pain. I have tried absolutely everything. Unplugging/Disconnecting the printer, uninstalling/reinstalling the program, unplugging the power sources, reinstalling the ink cartriges, taking off the back and looking for paper jams, opening up the front (unplugged of course) and moving the cradles, -nothing works. I did a diagnostic scan and everything checks out okay. I talked to a Best Buy tech and according to the new world order of computers/printers my printer is ancient at 3 years old? I just purchased new double pack cartridges in both black and color ink and had replaced them just before this issue. I might as well of thrown my money in the wind! Every time I want to print I get either one of the following Error messages: 

Error Paper Jam, and/or Error reading The print cartridge cradle cannot move. It's so frustrating in that 'NO' there is not a paper jam, or that 'YES' the cartridge cradle can clearly move. I'm hoping someone can help me here because if not, this printer and the new cartridges will be going to the dump. Even more frustrating is, if you google the problem this is clearly a BIG problem with HP printers right across the board and in every model? They're doing 'something' wrong in China and this will be vely vely bad for HP futla! I personally will steer clear of any and all HP products if this cannot be remedied. Sadly I believed it was a brand I could trust.

Honor Student
cslade305
Message 2 of 4 (787 Views)

Re: C3180 Error Paper Jam, and Error reading The print cartridge cradle cannot move messages

I am having the same problem. Did you get it figured out?

Honor Student
DorisOfThe7
Message 3 of 4 (774 Views)

Re: C3180 Error Paper Jam, and Error reading The print cartridge cradle cannot move messages

So wish I could tell you a firm yes, but "no" the problem has not been resolved, and I have continued to retry things that I have already tried. I wrote HP with the problem as well, and they didn't even give me a curtosy email to say that they have no intensions of helping me? I'm thinking of starting a facebook group entitled HP stinks! There's no Support or help with these clowns 'after' you invest in their product. Never again! HP is history for me, -lesson learned! If you have found a solution since your post, please note it here and I'll give it a try. Thank you.

Top Student
TAG-OK
Message 4 of 4 (246 Views)

I have the same problem with a barely used HP Photosmart C3180 series all-in-one that's a few years old.  After swapping the color cartridge, the printer continually reports that the cradle is jammed or there's a paper jam.  Meanwhile the cartridge carrier moves back and forth freely.  I've tinkered with the cartridges, swapped the old one back in, looked for mystery paper jams even though no paper was in the printer prior, all to no avail.  I've tried manually moving the carrier as one web post suggested, powering down, etc., but had no luck.  The next step will be a new printer but different brand I think.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation