Question

Student
hanto
Message 1 of 10 (2,153 Views)
Accepted Solution

C3180 US bought prepare for NL cartridges 92/93 > 336/342

[ Edited ]

I have an All-in-one photosmart C3180. Bought it in the US with cartridges 92 (b/w) and 93 (colour). Relocated to the NL. Printer has been working well. Today I installed new cartridges - said to be compatible with my printer have numbers 343 and 338. The printer does not recognize the new cartridge (s) and flashes the message 'check print cartridge'.  I reinserted the old 92 and 93 cartridges and the printer was happy. I use Vista.

There seems to be a software firmware patch to prepare my printer for the European 342 (colour 5ml) / 343 (colour 7ml) and 336 (b/w 5ml) / 338 (B/W 11ml) cartridges!   ANYONE?? HP??

Thanks!!

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 10 (2,140 Views)

Re: C3180 US bought prepare for NL cartridges 92/93 > 336/342

You will need to Contact HP to request a "Regionalization Reset". There should not be any charge for this, it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of cartridges for the new region, once the reset is complete cartridges from the original region will no longer work.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
nidataytay
Message 3 of 10 (2,109 Views)

Encountered the same situation with HP Photosmart C3183 -bought in Saudi Arabia. Followed the advice that we should have the set of cartridges (for Philippines HP 92 and HP 93). Upon technical assistance contact-we were advised that we should have a set of cartridges used in the country of origin (Zone 3 -HP 132 and HP 136 ) in order for the regionalization reset to proceed -  unfortunately our set of these cartridges are already damaged - the reason why we bought new sets.

Is there any other way for regionalization reset so we  can continue using HP Photosmart C3183 and the new set of cartridges?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 10 (2,100 Views)

nidataytay wrote:

Encountered the same situation with HP Photosmart C3183 -bought in Saudi Arabia. Followed the advice that we should have the set of cartridges (for Philippines HP 92 and HP 93). Upon technical assistance contact-we were advised that we should have a set of cartridges used in the country of origin (Zone 3 -HP 132 and HP 136 ) in order for the regionalization reset to proceed -  unfortunately our set of these cartridges are already damaged - the reason why we bought new sets.

Is there any other way for regionalization reset so we  can continue using HP Photosmart C3183 and the new set of cartridges?

I believe the reset can be done with the new cartridges installed.  Did they give you the procedure to print the diagnostic page?  Was the diagnostic page properly printed? Typically the diagnostic page can be printed with cartridges from any region.  I would suggest you contact HP and try again...

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

Honor Student
nidataytay
Message 5 of 10 (2,086 Views)

tried to contact HP technical assistance, the diagnostic page will not print with the new cartridges (Zone1) even after pressing cancel and colour start copy at same time.

-may be for our printer model we need the cartridges from the country of origin (Zone 3).

Honor Student
nidataytay
Message 6 of 10 (1,408 Views)

Contact hp

Regionalization reset was done

Prepared both sets of cartridges-from the country of origin and for the country of reset first.

thanks,

nidataytay

Honor Student
BarcelonaSitges
Message 7 of 10 (916 Views)

OK I read that you MUST contact HP SUPPORT to have them reset your printer.  Why?  Why can't we be given instructions here?  Also, I read somewhere they will only help you if your printer is under warranty.  If it is old, what then?  Also, I only need to change the Black right now, not the color.   It seems you need to do both at the same time.  I have a new color but from the States.  I guess you just have to choose.

This is absurd to have different cartridges for different countries.  What about globalization?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 8 of 10 (914 Views)

You will need to Contact HP to request a "Regionalization Reset".  The procedure depends on some information from your particular printer, it is not possible to post a general instruction with the specific information for every printer.  There should not be any charge for this, it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty, even if the printer is not under warranty. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of cartridges for the new region, once the reset is complete cartridges from the original region will no longer work.  HP's web page on the subject is here.

Honor Student
BarcelonaSitges
Message 9 of 10 (904 Views)

What "cartridge warranty?"  You buy one black or color.  Who keeps the receipt?  I looked at the box and I do not see any "warranty" printed on the box, inside the box or on the wrapper.

Plus it is absultly a scam to have regionalization.  A printer should work everywhere or why else do you receive a transformer to conduct 110/220?

It is cheaper to buy a new printer for 40 euros at Worten or Media Markt.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 10 of 10 (897 Views)

BarcelonaSitges wrote:

What "cartridge warranty?"  You buy one black or color.  Who keeps the receipt?  I looked at the box and I do not see any "warranty" printed on the box, inside the box or on the wrapper. [snip]

Assuming you have bought an HP original cartridge the warranty date is printed on the box and also on the cartridge itself.  See the page here for information.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation