Question

Student
kamil
Message 1 of 1 (1,834 Views)

C4380 - HP Multi-Function Products Driver Bundle

Hi,

I've got a problem.

I tried installing "HP Multi-Function Products Driver Bundle" (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-73906-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...) on Windows XP so that I can use my C4380. After unpacking the bundle and running setup as indicated in installation notes ("setup.exe -s -hostName HPxxxxx") a screen with progress bars shows up. Installation proceeds and finishes without any errors but there's no printer/scanner installed afterwards.

The printer is connected wirelessly and is accessible using web browser and hp network diagnosting utility. Full software bundle seems to work, but it also installs lots of unncessary software and windows services which sometimes take up lots of cpu. I only need basic functionality (printing/scanning). I can setup the printer manually (creating new local tcp-ip port and adding printer using that port) but I can't figure out how to install C4380 as a scanner device.

I already tried uninstalling previous hp software using so-called 'Level 3' uninstall.

I'd really appreciate any help with this one.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation