12-02-2009 05:47 AM
I recently upgraded my OS to Windows 7 64 bit and downloaded the correct driver for my C4580 from HP. However, the OCR functionality I had before is now missing.
I have tried reinstalling (several times) - no effect.
I tried installing the OCR application - not comptaible with Windows 7
I looked for the mythical Customised installtion option - can't find it, and anyway the CD the printer came with is not compatible with Windows 7 - nor is the downloadable OCR application.
One of the reasons I bought a C4580 is for the OCR function - so this is a "tad" annoying...
What is the solution or when is a solution for Windows 7 64 bit going to be released so I can get the functions I actually paid for and need?
03-04-2010 07:03 AM
I am running a HP Deskjet F4180 printer. After upgrading to Windows 7, I have lost the OCR functionality.
Updating the drivers has not brought up the option to install OCR.
I am in the same situation and Googling is not bringing up any viable solutions.
A comment from HP would be most welcome.
07-08-2010 04:15 PM
I had the same problem : ocr capability disappeared after switching to Windows 7. I found this post doing a google on "hp ocr windows 7". There was no answer posted, but after spending over an hour on the phone w/hp (I had 15 days of warranty coverage left) got the problem solved. There IS a file to solve this. However, it did not turn up when I tried to use the HP support page. In fact, I still can't get to it using the support page. But in case this information is useful to anyone else who CAN find the right link to it and/or can get HP provide them with the link, the name of the file is: PS_AIO_05_C309a_Net_Full_Win_enu_140_047.exe
PS - I actually have 32-bit, not 64 bit, but this apparently works fine for both.
09-18-2010 08:33 AM
I did, the procedure is not at all standard but it worked...!!!
even i have a printer c4580, i removed the previous software for this printer and then i installed the software PS_AIO_05_C309a_Net_Full_Win_enu_140_047.exe that even is for another kind of printer (C309A), provided me with the updated OCR version.
so this is the procedure...:
1. download these drivers from the HP support selecting as printer the C309A, and 7(64 bit) as OS
2. Launch the program removing whatever is already installed, i mean c4580 drivers.
3. install the drivers for c309a, at a certain moment the setup program will stop as it can not find this printer, doesn't matter, the OCR has been charged, and u can get to the next step
4. install now the drivers for the C4580
Everything should work properly.
11-13-2010 01:32 AM
I recently upgraded my OS to Windows 7 64 bit and downloaded the correct driver for my F2290 from HP. However, the OCR functionality I had before for OS XP Professional is now missing.
Thank you in advance!
11-13-2010 12:14 PM
I purchased 9.29.2010 a F4400 all in one. I cannot find the OCR. All scans go auto to MY SCANS and they are pdf or jpg, no document. No option to SAVE AS anything. Can some one please help?
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS