Question

Top Student
GeorgeP
Message 1 of 2 (724 Views)

C4585 Printing hangs

I am using a C4585 with a PC running Windows Vista (Service Pack 2).  When attempting to print from Final Draft 8 (2 pages per sheet), printing frequently hangs completely.  Examining pending documents reveals strange results for page count (eg showing 78/26 in the pages colum for a 26 page document) but otherwise all appears as normal.  Attempts to delete items from the print queue have no effect.  After switching off either the printer or the computer or both and then switching on again, the first document printed will usually be the document that was stuck in the print queue, or the printer will simply hang once more.  I am using the latest full-feature software and drivers (Version 12.0.1).  Help!
Honor Student
drdjprin
Message 2 of 2 (251 Views)

C4580: Win7 print queue Pages count

I see that this page count issue has been reported in several places over a period of time, but apparently never answered?

Anyway, I have had a wireless C4580 for a year now and it works OK with Win7 although the application software that HP ships does not work (will not install properly on Win7 upgraded from Vista).  It works but with the following weirdies:

1. In the queue dialogue, the Pages column does strange things.  The last job shows 231/29 pages, when it should show 29/29. 

2. The same job printed OK but reports the job on the queue as an error.

3. After working fine, the 'Show preview before printing' facility suddenly starts showing further jobs, consisting of blank pages, the same number of pages as in the job being printed.  This does not appear to affect print jobs sent without the preview option checked.  I have to delete & re-install the driver (and reset all my options) to fix this.

Anyone else have these problems?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation