Question

Honor Student
luthersdad
Message 1 of 2 (866 Views)

C4600 All in One Printer not working with Windows 8

I was running my printer with Windows XP from my PC and recently switched to HP 2000 Notebook with Windows 8. When I connected the printer to the Notebook it recognized the printer and put it into my device grouping and I can direct a print to the printer but I no longer am able to scan from the printer to the PC and save the file. The printer indicates it will not connect and to direct scan operation from the PC (notebook).

I cannot find the control within the Windows 8 to direct this. Does anyone know if this there but I am too inexperienced to find it or do I have to download some drivers or something else.

The disk I have for the printer is for Windows 7, Vista and XP and when I put in drive I can open it but it only gives the command to Exit and does not have load so I think it does not recognize it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 2 (861 Views)

Re: C4600 All in One Printer not working with Windows 8

Hi,

The CD which comes with the machine knows nothing about Windows 8. You can manually download software and drivers from the following link and install them on your Windows 8 machine:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=3831654&taskId=135&pr...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation