Question

Top Student
AJEvans
Message 1 of 11 (1,777 Views)

C510a Zeen Update not highlighted.

Hi there;

I have a eStation C510a with teh Zeen tablet.  I am showing that updates are available, however the only two buttons on the screen that work are 'Cancel' and 'Update Later', which just brings up the same screen later.  The 'Update' button is not highlghted and nothing happens when I press it.  Does anyone know what the issue might be?  Also is there a way to let the Zeen see folders on my computer?  Thanks to anyone who can offer any assistence. 

Cheers!

AJ Evans

AJ Evans' Group of Deviants

Cheers!
AJ Evans
AJ Evans' Group of Deviants now on iTunes, Amazon, Napster, Rhapsody
Student
crossi
Message 2 of 11 (1,733 Views)

Re: C510a Zeen Update not highlighted.

I have the same problem.. it is driving me nuts!  Spent too much on this machine not to work right.. Next time I wont get a hp if they have no solutions to problems that a lot of people have.

Top Student
AJEvans
Message 3 of 11 (1,727 Views)

Yes, I have been a die-hard Epson man all these years.  I shelled out $850 for a printer from them in 2003 that is still an awesome machine.  This, while it has some completely awesome features that had me tweeting and facebooking for the first 24 hours, has been a very frustrating situation.  Especially since there is nowhere to get any kind of answers or diagnostic tools for this thing.

Cheers!
AJ Evans
Honor Student
skummis
Message 4 of 11 (1,658 Views)

Also have the same problem.

Tried docking, undocking, rebooting. Noting seems to work.

Student
mdinner
Message 5 of 11 (1,585 Views)

I have the same problem.  Hope someone has a fix soon.

Honor Student
skummis
Message 6 of 11 (1,582 Views)

I acctuallty got mine to work.

Plugged and unplugged like 100 times and one morning it just worked :smileyhappy:

Student
shazmark
Message 7 of 11 (1,436 Views)

Hi

you can only update when it is docked

Honor Student
wbothun
Message 8 of 11 (1,308 Views)

I am having the same problem. I called in to HP service and they are sending me a new Zeen. I'm not totally convinced it will resolve the issue as it could be as much a problem with the dock as with the Zeen.

Top Student
AJEvans
Message 9 of 11 (1,258 Views)

Yeah, I never really take mine off the dock.  So, that is not a solution for me at all.  I even went out and bought an 8 Gig SD card thinking that may be the problem but it served as yet another expense in my search for a solution the HP should, in all professionality, be providing.

Cheers!
AJ Evans
Honor Student
wbothun
Message 10 of 11 (1,257 Views)

I think I discovered part of the problem I was having with the Zeen.

HP sent me a new Zeen unit, I pluggd it in and it worked. Good deal.

I then decided to remove the SD card form the other Zeen, plugged it into the new Zeen, and formatted it. New Zeen still works just fine.

Once new Zeen was charged up I uhndocked it and docked the old Zeen. Now, for some reason, the old Zeen recognizes that it is docked.

I remembered that awhile back I installed the Beta Android software from a link I found on the Zeen, and I'll bet that had something to do with the reason the old Zeen stopped recognizing it was docked. Once I got rid of the SD card with the Beta information on it (the Beta upgrade, I remembered, needed an SD card installed before it could continue to install that software) the old Zeen worked as it should.

I suppose ZHP hadn't really done as much with the Beta software to get the docking functions working as they needed to.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation