12-18-2013 10:54 PM
I have recently upgraded my pc to windows 7 and have succesfully downloaded updated drivers. However, when I download the software it will not load and I get a message headed Microsoft visual C++ Runtime library. Runtime error. This application has rquested the runtime to terminate in an unusal way.
12-24-2013 09:35 AM
I see that after upgrading your Operating system to Windows 7, you are now running into problems on the Photosmart C5180. I know you were able to successfully install the updated drivers, were you able to install the HP Software Patch when upgrading to Windows 7?
I also suggest taking a look at fellow community member SuperMario1 recommendation for resolving the Microsoft Visual C+++.
Please let me know if this was helpful, if you require more assistance let me know!
Thank you and Happy Holidays!
01-09-2014 08:16 AM
Sorry for ther delay in reply. Unfortunately in my post I said I had upgraded to windows 7 when in fact what I meant was that I had bought a new PCwith windows 7 installed. I have tried the patch but it made no difference.
01-23-2014 09:37 AM
No worries and thank you for the corrected information. Yes, that software patch was for persons who had upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7. Were you able to try out Super Marios suggestions?
01-24-2014 07:12 AM
I tried supermatios solution and now the software does not start at all. I have tried deletingthe one I had previously downloaded and downloading it again using the download wizard, but after exstracring the file it it returns to offering me the download again.
01-24-2014 07:42 AM
Ok, now that we know the software has extracted please follow the steps listed below:
Downloaded and extracted to your system:
- Type %temp% in the run field
- Highlight all the files, and then press delete on your keyboard. If you get message about a file being in use you will need to skip this file.
- Once you have deleted all the files in the temp folder reboot your computer
- Download the full feature software and drivers
- Once the download is finished double click on the file to extract the software.
- When the installation window opens press the cancel button to stop the installation
- Type %temp% in the run field
- Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)
- Right click on the folder, and select Copy
- Close that window, and all your open windows, and then in the middle of the desktop right click your mouse, and select Paste. This will move the 7z folder to your desktop.
- Open the 7z folder you just copied to your desktop
- Open folder Util
- Open folder CCC
- Run the L4uninstall.exe
- When the uninstall has completed restart the computer
- Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools folder under all programs
- Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player
14. Open the 7z folder, double click on the Setup.exe (HP logo) file which will be toward the bottom of the open window. Follow the on screen instructions to reinstall your printer
Please let me know if this was successful.
Thank you again,
01-24-2014 12:22 PM
It all when well until I until it came to the instal. It started to check the system and then a message comes up saying it cannot find the file specified, This is in 7zS2D8D\Setup\hpzpnp .autorun.infice_suffixautorun.inf.e... I think there is more to the file name but it is not showing up.
01-24-2014 12:55 PM
Well that is somewhat great news, closer than we were previously. Now if we follow the steps again but instead of downloading the software, try using the Print Install Wizard. This should still allow us to use the 7z folder for the uninstall.
01-25-2014 05:12 AM
I'm afraid that I got the same result but with a slightly different file name 7zS2D8D\setup\hpzpnp.ice_suffix.exe" "_stub"
Thanks for your help so far
01-27-2014 09:20 AM
I would like you to run Microsoft Fix it- It is a great utility that automatically repairs program installation issues that installing or removing program fails because of corrupted registry keys or blocked installation.
Please let me know the outcome, I look forward to hearing from you soon.