Question

Top Student
FLFO
Message 1 of 8 (999 Views)

C6180 All In One Photosmart. Software and drivers will not install on Windows 8.

C6180 All In One Photosmart

on

Windows 8 64bit

Acer Aspire V5-552PG

AMD A10- 5757M

Radeon HD 8750M dedicated

Software and drivers package will only unpack but not install.

When the unpacking bar reaches the end, it disapears without any following actions.

I have of course tried it over again many times, and I have deleted the download and redownloaded it again but the same happens every time.

Any idea on how to solve this?

Sincerly

FLFO

HP Support Agent
happytohelp01
Message 2 of 8 (967 Views)

Re: C6180 All In One Photosmart. Software and drivers will not install on Windows 8.

Hi FLFO;

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems installing your C6180 Photosmart printer on your Windows 8 computer.

Are you using the Printer Install Wizard when trying to install the correct driver for your printer and operating system? I have included a link on how to download and use this wizard to ensure you have the best driver for your printer.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02681060&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4132&product=115...=

Let me know if you encounter the same result using the above method.

Happytohelp01

Regards,
Happytohelp01

Please click on the Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
FLFO
Message 3 of 8 (958 Views)

Re: C6180 All In One Photosmart. Software and drivers will not install on Windows 8.

Hi!

Thank you for the link, I will try it out but at a quick glance it seems like something I'll tried out allready.

This is a link to the driver and software package that I downloaded.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-110021-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

I downloaded it from the norwegian languaged version of the site, but I guess the driver and software package would be the same anyway.

As you would see it is compatible with Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit) as well.

I have experience in Installing this on an other Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit) PC like HP Pavilion g7 - 2251so

product no: COX10EA#UUW

and on other Windows versions and even on Mac, but I've never experienced anything like this before.

The printer works with the Windows basic driver and connected by USB, but I'm lost without the scan ability as that is something I often use. I also miss out on the possibility to fine tune it for different jobs as well.

Sincerly

FLFO

Top Student
FLFO
Message 4 of 8 (946 Views)

Hi again!

I tried the Printer Install Wizard again, but it made no difference.

The installer "installed" and then started the  unpacking of the full package.

Unforunatly the same happen with this way of trying to install as any other atempt.

To me this is notting but strange, and I have tried many times over, I have removed downloaded files and downloaded it all over again a few time as well, but no cure.

Sincerly

FLFO

Top Student
FLFO
Message 5 of 8 (942 Views)

Hi yet again!

I come to think of, that this PC is runned by AMD's latest chipset, could that have something to concider as an issue?

I don't know how this could affect the process, but I'll gues I grab any straw now...

Processor: AMD A10- 5757M

VideoRAM: Radeon HD 8750M dedicated

Sincerly

FLFO

HP Support Agent
happytohelp01
Message 6 of 8 (929 Views)

HI FLFO:

I have done some research on your post. I have found a document with steps to help resolve the stall you're experiencing during your printer installation.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00836418&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc...

Happytohelp01

Regards,
Happytohelp01

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
FLFO
Message 7 of 8 (922 Views)

Hi again, and thank very much you for your effort in helping me out with this issue.

Unfortunatly though I suspect you have the wrong idea of what's wrong.

I went on with you link, but soon discoverd that the issue it was ment to solve was not mine.

The state of the process provided problem solving for in that link has reach a level in the installing process that I have not reached yet.

But the link still help me a bit though, by using task manager I could see whitch processes where on, and I could see that it was a process called HP Webpack.

I have attached a print screen image of it all.

Print Screen of HP Webpack unpacking prosess croped.jpg

The thing is, as you can see, that the process never reaches the installing mode at all.

All it does presumably, is to run the HP Webpack and then quit the whole process when it is done.

I also notised when looking at the task manager that this HP Webpack is a 32-bit version, while the whole
HP Photosmart Software Suite and Driver pack supposedly are a 64-bit version.

I have no idea if that could be an issue, I guess it is just worth mentioning.

I also attached a print screen image of the HP Photosmart Software Suite and Driver as it looks like for me.

Print screen of 64 bit version croped.jpg

I hope this is gives a more correctly image of the problem.

Sincerly

FLFO

HP Support Agent
happytohelp01
Message 8 of 8 (906 Views)

Hi FLFO:

Thank you for the screen shots. 

In the one screen shot it looks like the firewall hasn't been temporarily disabled. Have you turned off your firewall and anti-virus software? 

Firewalls from third-party firewall vendors, such as Symantec, McAfee, or ZoneAlarm, can prevent the HP software from successfully installing over a network connection.

In the document link I last gave you there is a section on turning off your firewall within Windows 8 before trying to download and install the drivers.

I would recommend following the steps for Solution 2 under the Windows 8 section.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00836418&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=1153494&tmp...

Happytohelp01

Regards,
Happytohelp01

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation