04-29-2014 08:45 AM
When you apply power the LCD lights and the progress bar moves, you can hear what sounds like a little air pump and then it seems to reboot and go through the same process again. Sometimes the Power button led comes on flashing. Any thoughts?
05-01-2014 03:09 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Forums!
I seen your post and thought I would offer a suggestion or two. The power up / display issues with the C6180 may either be a power issue or firmware.
To attempt to get the C6180 to power up correctly, I would first like you to follow these steps: The Control Panel Display Always Reads 'Initializing', or the Product Does Not Start.
If that fails to get the printer to power on, follow these steps: The All-in-One Does Not Respond When Buttons Are Pressed on the Control Panel.
Depending on the out come of above troubleshooting steps, if both fail we can attempt a reset to the firmware. I would not be able to post the reset on the Forums, but if needed I can private message you.
I will keep an eye open for your replay and the results of the above.
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS