Question
Can one adjust the HP Photosmart 7510 color quality. It prints very dark and no driver options.
Replies (16)

Top Student
Dimon7771
Message 11 of 17 (528 Views)

Re: Can one adjust the HP Photosmart 7510 color quality. It prints very dark and no driver options.

Shane_R wrote:

I'm not sure why the function was removed, but you might try using an alternate driver to get around the problem. I'll link the instructions below. Hope this helps.

Thanks, I'll let you know which of the drivers helped.

Top Student
Dimon7771
Message 12 of 17 (518 Views)

Re: Can one adjust the HP Photosmart 7510 color quality. It prints very dark and no driver options.

[ Edited ]

I tried most of the drivers, each bugs out in a different way. So this is not a solution. Using photoshop I adjusted colors as much as possible, but still the colors are not saturated enough. My 5-6 years old photosmart c 4183 gives me the better picture, because I can adjust colors in the printing dialog. Is it possible to reach HP software developers and return this feature in the nearest software update?

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 13 of 17 (483 Views)

Can one adjust the HP Photosmart 7510 color quality. It prints very dark and no driver options.

[ Edited ]

I will try to push this up, but I'm not sure if I can or how long it will take. I'll do my best though.

Update: I talked this over with some colleagues and they recommended some steps to try, and a few things that I forgot to check.  I'll post them in a response to this post.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 14 of 17 (457 Views)

I forgot to have you check some key things that can affect your printer's print quality.  First, make sure you are using genuine HP ink.  If you are using refilled or remanufactured cartridges, that can cause the print quality to deminish.  Next make sure you are using HP photo paper.  HP designs it's inks and papers to work together, so if you are using say Kodak paper, the quality could be affected.  After that, follow the steps in the document linked below to trouble shoot the print quality problem.  Lastly, if the printer is in warranty, contact HP about a replacement, or if the printer is out of warranty, follow the steps in the post by Bob_Headrick linked below.  If you are still in warranty, HP may replace the printer at no cost to you. I'll link the information to get in touch with them below. The link will take you to a form to fill out. Once you fill it out and it is processed, it will give you the printers warranty information, a case number, and the phone number to call.

Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues

HP Technical Support Form

Bob_Headrick's Post

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
Dimon7771
Message 15 of 17 (440 Views)

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry, but didn't you read what i wrote? I have a new printer, so can there be remanufactured cartriges? ) I also wrote that when i make a color copy I get almost the same colors as the original, but when I scan the image and then print it, I get much less saturated colors. It's not the hardware, it's the software problem. I'm just asking you to get in toch with software devs, so that they will be aware of the problem, so they can get back the color ajustment dialog, as it was on my old Photosmart c4183.

Never the less, thank you for helping.

Top Student
Dimon7771
Message 16 of 17 (434 Views)

[ Edited ]

Just to make things clear I'll atach a couple of screenshots. I have a russian language set on my system so sorry for that, but if you are familiar with HP printers, I think you'll be abale to get my point.

The first image is Photosmart 7510 (new) printing dialog -  I can not adjust colors.

The second image is Photosmart c 4183 (old) printing dialog - all the color options are available - brigness, saturation, tone, cyan, magenta, yellow, black.Photosmart 7510.jpgPhotosmart c 4183.jpg

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 17 of 17 (412 Views)

I'm sorry, but I can't push it any further up than I already have. Hopefully HP will add the feature back, but I don't know if they will.
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation