Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi

In my office I have to scan and copy many many Legal size documents per day, I recently have aquired this awesome printer Hp Officejet 8600 Plus

The first day I was able to scan a bunch of 2 sided legal paper, very awesome, but then I upgraded the printer, as always confident with the upgrades, but as a result of that I was unable to scan legal size paper again

I was reading a lot of similar issues, and i Cant believe that this is an official desicion, the printer can perfectly scan legal size papper, so the solution is to downgrade the FW to an older version, but I Cant, I tryed with Jetadmin, with OJP8600_N911gn_1232A.exe, and copying the upgrade file *.ful directly to the printer

And always the same thing:

-in the screen of the printer appears the message (Printing) for a few seconds and then backs to the home screen again
In the computter with Jetadmin it stay on 0% for hours

-With OJP8600_N911gn_1232A.exe and the modded EnterpriseDU.ini Appears an error after 20 minutes, and ask me for reset the printer

-Copying the *.ful file on the Printer, just put the Printing screen on the printer 2 or 3 seconds and then backs to the home screen.

I tryed by USb cable, ethernet and even Wireless

Is a security lock in the new firmwares?

How Can I Downgrade the printer?, is urgent, i need to scan a lot of Legal documents
And please activate the option by our own risk option, for legal scan in the next update, I'm tired and dissapointed...

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello BHVampire,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you're unable to scan a legal size paper after upgrading the firmware using the Officejet 8600 Plus. I will do my best to assist you! I have just sent you a private message. If you're not sure how to check your forum messages, this post has instructions.

I worked on behalf of HP.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hello BHVampire,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you're unable to scan a legal size paper after upgrading the firmware using the Officejet 8600 Plus. I will do my best to assist you! I have just sent you a private message. If you're not sure how to check your forum messages, this post has instructions.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much, works for PC scan with HP Scan software, thank you very much

HP Recommended

Please send me instructions on how to roll back my firmware on my Officejet Pro 8600 Plus N911g. My serial number is 

[edited Serial Number by Moderator], the Service ID is 23227 and the Firmware Version is  CLP1CN1416AR. Ever since the last firmware update the printer is painfully slow, generates paper jam messages when there are none, scan is troublesome and is generally much less functional. I have rebooted, checked connections - all the recommended steps - and the problems remain. Look forward to your response.

HP Recommended

Hello @OfficeJet8600,

I understand your Officejet 8600 is very slow, generates paper jam messages and scanning issues after upgrading the firmware. I will do my best to assist you! I have just sent you a private message. If you're not sure how to check your forum messages, this post has instructions.

HP Recommended

I´m having the same problem! i´m unnable to scan duplex legal size documents, and i´m not being able to downgrade either. Using the hpwebjetadmin software (and allowing the downgrade option as per the instructions on the software manual) results in an error; the printer remains with the newer firmware.

Is there any solution to this problem?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello @vaporeso,

I understand you're unable to scan legal size document. I will do my best to assist you! Do you have a Officejet 8600 or do you have another model? Please let me know on this post. What happens when you scan a legal size, could you elaborate further on this issue? Unfortunately, you cannot downgrade the firmware on your printer.

HP Recommended

Y have the Officejet Pro 8600 Plus N911g. When i trie to scan (via the adf) a legal size (both sides simultaneusly) doc directly from the printer, it only scans one side an only on an a4 sice. Via the software y can, however, scan a legal doc, but only on side at a time.

What i need is to scan a legal size doc simultaneusly both sides.

Ive tried to downgrade so save this issue, but i am being unable to do so. Basically getting the same result as the first post states.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Thank you for letting me know this information. I have just sent you a private message. If you're not sure how to check your forum messages, this post has instructions.

HP Recommended

Any ideas on the problem? any help is apreciated!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.