Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I followed the reset instructions and it is still slow and i also have problems with copying in that it will give me a paper size error message. There must be someway to fix this since the printer is not that old but operating very poorly.

HP Recommended

Hi, we have an officejet pro 8600 that we were trying to upgrade firmware, but latest version says it is 'cn1332cr' and ours won't show up on the firmware updater, apparently because we are running version 'cn1435ar', so I assume it thinks our version is newer.  How do we fix this?  And how did we get a later number of firmware to be installed?  We've only used HP software downloads. 

Please help, the printer will not function properly and hasn't been able to connect wirelessly for a while.  Very frustrating.

Thanks!

Any help would be appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I too am having issues with upgrading the firmware on my "HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911a" and "HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911n" printers ever since upgrading to firmware version CKP1CN1416AR.  Just recently there was another newer firmware version CLP1CN1435AR released and I am un able to to update my printers with this newer version.   I cannot upgrade or downgrade the firmware ever since version CKP1CN1416AR was flashed.  How do I get this issue resolve so that I can take advantage of the new firware versions?

Thanks any help would be appreciated!

HP-8600.jpg

HP Recommended

I have solved my problem. Sometime back I had enabled the printers webservices but decided that it was best to disable this feature.  Once webservices was re-enabled on the printer the printers firmware update feature worked like a charm from the printers control panel.

I wasn't able to test to see if the firmware update utility "OJP8600_N911g-n_R1435A.exe" or "OJP8600_N911a_R1435A.exe" worked from the PC as I had already updated the firmware thus the update utility simple disaplays the newer firmware version without actually applying the updates since the printers were now at the latest version.  Maybe somone else with this issue can confirm this by simply enabling the printers webservices and then updating the firmware from thier PC instead of from the printers control panel.

HP-8600-Resolution.jpg

HP Recommended

I have this same problem...When I updated the firmware I was no longer able to scan double sided legal sized papers.  Please give me instructions how to downgrade the firmware.

HP Recommended

I had exactly the same problem as you. I enabled webservices and from the web services screen on the printer did the update successfully.

Thanks for the information!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.