Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm trying to update my firmware of my HP Laserjet.   Guide(below) says to make sure RFU is "on" in Control Panel (Service>RFU).  But I can't find RFU anywhere in Laserjet 1536dnf MFP's Control Panel.

Can anyone help.  Thanks, Tim 2013

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02844522

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Alright, if you follow the link below and download the latest firmware utility it will check and update your printer if it does not have the right firmware. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=3974279

Let me know if this is what you are looking for! 

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

AlwaysNeon -- Thanks, but my problem is with the HP Laserjet, not the guide/download to install the firmware update.  How does one find the "RFU" on the 1536dnf MFP copier's control panel?  One of the last steps in the firmware down load is to go on the control panel from Services>RFU to check whether the RFU is on or off.  Problem is that under the "Services" there is no "RFU" sub-task to be found.  You can get "Firmware Date", "Restore Defaults," "Fax Services." "USB speed" etc -- but no RFU.  Am I missing something? Is this HP built-in obsolescence?  What is the RFU, anyway? 

HP Recommended

The RFU is the remote firmware update (RFU) utility. Is this printer connected to your network or is it connected to the the computer using a USN connection? 

HP Recommended

AlwaysNeon -- Thanks for quick reply.  Its connected to the network, i.e., directly to router.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.