Question
Can't use HP Image Zone software with Windows 7
Replies (28)

Honor Student
DennyBill
Message 21 of 29 (825 Views)

Re: Can't use HP Image Zone software with Windows 7

One disadvantage of Photosmart Essentials compared with Image Zone is the 'Crop' facility. In Image Zone, each side of the crop boundary can be serarately adjusted. I have not found a way to do this with Photosmart, only movement of two adjacent sides at the same time. Not as flexible nor as easy !

Master's Graduate
RocketLife
Message 22 of 29 (805 Views)

HP Photo Creations allows you to crop your photos from any corner.

Here we cropped out the rabbit ears Daughter #1 was making behind Mom. To crop a photo, click the Touch-Up tools.

After you crop your photo, you can print it or share it online.

HP Photo Creations is a free download at www.hp.com/go/hppc.

HP Photo Creations Crop Photo

Hope this helps,

RocketLife 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
» Visit the HP Photo Creations Facebook page — news, tips, and inspiration
» See the HP Photo Creations video tours — cool tips in under 2 minutes
» Contact Customer Support — get answers from the experts
Student
DD100
Message 23 of 29 (507 Views)

I use Image Zone to make a simple full year 4-photo calendar.  I have gone through calendar options on HP Photo Creations and find nothing as quick and easy.  I give one to each visitor to our island - I use it a lot.

Any chance of adding this format?

Master's Graduate
RocketLife
Message 24 of 29 (503 Views)

Hi DD.

Creating a four-photo calendar should be easy in HP Photo Creations once you know a few shortcuts like using the Photo Layouts tab in the Design tools. Here's a quick example. Can you upload an image of the layout you want to emulate?

HP Photo Creations 4 photo calendar

Thank you,

RocketLife

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Honor Student
Mimmisan
Message 25 of 29 (392 Views)

Anyone that want to use the HP Image Zone software for Windows 7 can download it here:

http://hp-image-zone.soft32.com/download/file/id/468181/?

Student
RRSAND
Message 26 of 29 (308 Views)

I agree with other posts, HP IMAGE ZONE was so easy to use! Now all has become so complicated. Need HP to offer IMAGE ZONE compatible with Windows 7 please!

Honor Student
auntie1879
Message 27 of 29 (17 Views)

Operating System: Windows 7

I am not impressed with Photo Creations - it has none of the capabilities of the old Image Center.  And just as a suggestion, would it be so hard to add something to your setup to recognize HP printers, scanners, etc and install updated software for them?  I paid a lot of money for my Photosmart 8250 printer and Scanjet 4670 and neither is working very well with Windows 7. I will definitely look at other brands when I can afford to replace them.

Master's Graduate
RocketLife
Message 28 of 29 (14 Views)

Operating System: OS X 10.9

Hi auntie1879.

Please let us know what capabilities you'd like in HP Photo Creations. We're constantly updating the software and welcome suggestions.

We're not involved in writing printer drivers, so I don't know if your printer came with an automatic update checker. A Google search found this page of 8250 software downloads:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=443024

Hope this helps,

RocketLife

Honor Student
auntie1879
Message 29 of 29 (9 Views)

Operating System: Windows 7

Hi RocketLife - the feature I am looking for was called album printing. It allowed you to select a number of pictures and print them in a variety of arrangements on whatever size paper you wanted.  If you used 8 x 11 paper it would give you options similar to the photo sheets you got from school pictures. It was awesome for sharing with relatives who aren't computer savy. I've been looking for replacement programs and they all seem to use the same (ultra lame) interface and I have to manually tell it to use the photo tray for the 4 x 6 size paper - it used to be automatic. But thanks for asking. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation