Can't use HP Image Zone software with Windows 7 (11804 Views)
Top Student
bcat
Message 1 of 24 (11,804 Views)

Can't use HP Image Zone software with Windows 7

HP Pavilion p71148p Window 7 how do we use HP Image Zone software? Anyone found a work around for this?

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 24 (11,775 Views)

Re: Can't use HP Image Zone software with Windows 7

Hi,

The HP Image Zone software is not supported by Windows7.

You may download and install the HP Photo Creations software which replace the older Image Zone or Photosmart Essential software below:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/united-states/rlc/hpphotocreations.exe

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Top Student
bcat
Message 3 of 24 (11,774 Views)

Is Image Zone compatible with anything?  I tried Windows XP and can't get it to work.

Master's Graduate
RocketLife
Message 4 of 24 (11,767 Views)

Hi Bcat.

What activities would you like to do with Image Zone? As ShlomiL mentions, HP Photo Creations is the current software. Let us know what types of things you want to do and we'll try to help.

A better download link is the program's main page, www.hp.com/go/hppc, which has background information as well.

Cheers,

RocketLife

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
» Visit the HP Photo Creations Facebook page — news, tips, and inspiration
» See the HP Photo Creations video tours — cool tips in under 2 minutes
» Contact Customer Support — get answers from the experts
Top Student
RufusBobbyBills
Message 5 of 24 (11,454 Views)

Dear Sir or Madam,

Photo Creations it just a Commercial Tool to create a bunch of Photo Products.  Very disappointing.  I upgraded to Windows 7 so I could no longer use HP Image Zone.

HP Image Zone was a very easy tool to select a ton of photos.  Easily rotate the ones you need to, quickly crop, and resize them if needed for blog posting.  I'm not sure if I can even do that with Photo Creations because I got so hung up on question like how many photos I wanted on my post-cards that I didn't want to order, that I got disgusted and quit the program.

Can't you just shut off all the extra product front end stuff and just get to the photo-editing for people who want just edit their photos and make prints with their HP Printers.

Very Frustrating.

P.S.  The link did not work with Chrome, it gave a split address error (but I did not try to cut and paste it into the browser address bar).

Thank You 

Master's Graduate
RocketLife
Message 6 of 24 (11,437 Views)

Hi Rufus.

Thanks for your suggestions. We're always improving HP Photo Creations and constructive ideas help.

To be clear, HP Photo Creations offers both print-at-home and ship-to-home projects. It's not designed for editing blog photos. However, you can share previews of your ship-to-home projects online by clicking the Share button in the program.

Here's how make simple prints:

1. From the Home screen, click the Full Catalog or Design button.
  2. Select the Print at Home tab.
  3. Select Prints & Posters.
  4. Select Prints.
  5. Add your photos, edit as desired (Crop, Brightness, Red-Eye, etc.), and print.

HPPC-print-at-home-print.jpg

Hope this helps. We'll see if we can streamline the process further. Thanks for the tip about the broken link too.

RocketLife 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Student
MarkS1609
Message 7 of 24 (11,156 Views)

I have clients who rely extensively on the fax part of HP Image Zone. They now sit with these wonderful multi-function printers that they can longer use to send faxes direct from their PC's. Does HP have another solution for this? And no, the built in Windows 7 fax functionality does not pick up the printer as a fax machine. Windows 7 only sees them as printers, sometimes with the ability to scan.

Student
Mik_P
Message 8 of 24 (10,340 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I was using Image Zone on windows Xp but i changed for Windows7 and now ....

I'm looking for another tool but can't find it.

What I need to do is simple :

- Scan image => the most important cause the Scan (digitize) button of my Printer doesn't not work anymore...

It was Easy with Image Zone, had just to press on one button.

- Edit, rotate and so on ...

Is Photo creation good for it or is there anything else ? I'm using the HP PSC 2355 all in one

Thank You

Michael

Master's Graduate
RocketLife
Message 9 of 24 (10,329 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Michael.

HP Photo Creations does not have a scanning function. However, you can use Windows 7's built-in scanner wizard to set up your device. Click the Windows button and then search for "scanner."

If your scanner is already installed, you can use the Windows Picture Acquisition Wizard to launch it. Type wiaacmgr.exe in the search box.

HP Photo Creations does offer editing functions such as rotate, crop, brighten, and red-eye removal. To use them, click the Touch-Up tools after loading your photos.

The program's main focus is to help you make creative projects with your photos, such as greeting cards, calendars, and photo books. To make basic prints:

1.  From the Home screen, click the Full Catalog or Design button.
  2. Select the Print at Home tab.
  3. Select Prints & Posters.
  4. Select Prints.
  5. Add your photos, edit as desired (Crop, Brightness, Red-Eye, etc.), and print. 

To order your prints for home delivery, click the Ship to Home tab instead.

HPPC-print-at-home-print.jpg

Hope this helps,

RocketLife 

Honor Student
tm60
Message 10 of 24 (9,701 Views)

Amen Rufus!  it's a joke!  just a commercial..why would anyone suggest this software operates just like HP Image Zone!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation