01-12-2014 10:11 PM
Ive been trying to install this for the last couple of days and it's realling getting on my nerves. I had the printer installed on my computer before I reformatted/upgraded but since then, I havent been able to reinstall it properly.
I downloaded the most recent drivers from the hp website and when I get to the setup wizard, I select wireless(as I have lost my connection cable). My printer doesn't get recognised and when I put in the IP shown on the printer into the wizard, it says that no printer is found.
This is how i previously installed it before the reformat/upgrade.
for some reason, the printer will still print, but my main problem is that I can't access the scanner or solution centre.
- I installed the printer from the online driver and it's completely functional (with scanner) on my brother's laptop
- I am currently running windows 7(64-bit)
If anyone could help me out i'd love ya till the afterlife.
01-23-2014 12:37 PM
Hi AlexiP and welcome to the HP Forum,
I understand that you are having a problem getting your printer to scan. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.
In this document for Resolving HP Solution Center Scan and Product Status Issues After Upgrading From Windows Vista to Wi... are steps that may help you resolve this issue.
You need to have the HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers installed for the Solution Center and Scan functions to work properly.
I hope this information helps, please let me know how it goes.
01-28-2014 05:55 PM
Hey Advance, thanks for the reply although this solution didnt work for me.
I unistalled everything and tried to install the latest drivers and all but the result was still the same.
I bought a connection cord online in hopes that it would be easier to install the printer with, but when I am prompted to proceed with the installation, the 'next' button is greyed out as seen here: http://puu.sh/6BYTi.jpg
no idea what's wrong with this printer or my computer
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS