Cannot access HP solution Center for Photosmart B209a using wndows 8 (388 Views)
Honor Student
Flycub2
Message 1 of 5 (388 Views)
Accepted Solution

Cannot access HP solution Center for Photosmart B209a using wndows 8

After installing windows 8 I could not access HP Solution Center for scanning from my Photosmart B209a All-In-One printer. I tryed uninstalling and reinstalling the software using the HP Printer Install Wizard for windows. When Reinstalling the driver/software it encounters an error and aborts the software installation.

Any suggestions on how to get this printer/scanner working again?

Lucas

PhD Student
Dot4
Message 2 of 5 (381 Views)

Re: Cannot access HP solution Center for Photosmart B209a using wndows 8

Was this an upgrade from Windows 7

I was an HP employee

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved

**Say Thanks By Clicking on the Kudos Star**
Honor Student
Flycub2
Message 3 of 5 (376 Views)

Yes. I recently purchased a new HP desktop computer with Windows 7 and upgraded to windows 8 about a week ago.

Teacher
Print_Hint
Message 4 of 5 (375 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Lucas,

Try following the uninstall steps in this document:  http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02440673&cc=ad&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_us...

If you get an error while uninstalling the driver take this extra step.f an error message lays while you are uninstalling the software, follow these steps.

1. Click or tap OK to close the error message.
  2. Click or tap the bottom left corner of the screen to switch to the Start screen.
  3. Move the mouse or tap the top or bottom right-hand corner of the screen to open the Charms Bar .
  4. Click or tap Settings .
  5. Click or tap Tiles .
  6. Move the slider bar under Show administrative tools to Yes .
  7. Click or tap the bottom left corner of the screen to switch to the Start screen, and then click or tap the Print Management tile.
  8. Double-click or double-tap All Printers .
  9. Find every instance of the printer you are trying to uninstall, right-click or tap and hold the name, and then click or tap Delete .
  10. Close the Print Management window, return to Programs and Features , and then continue uninstalling the remaining printer software.

Then reinstall the driver.

I was an HP employee

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark this post solved.
Master's Graduate
mtbaughs
Message 5 of 5 (370 Views)

Select the correct win 8 driver and install it for this model via the link below

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=3777182&

I was an HP employee

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may select the "Kudos" button on any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation