11-28-2012 10:38 AM
After installing windows 8 I could not access HP Solution Center for scanning from my Photosmart B209a All-In-One printer. I tryed uninstalling and reinstalling the software using the HP Printer Install Wizard for windows. When Reinstalling the driver/software it encounters an error and aborts the software installation.
Any suggestions on how to get this printer/scanner working again?
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-28-2012 10:41 AM
Was this an upgrade from Windows 7
If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved
**Say Thanks By Clicking on the Kudos Star**
11-28-2012 10:48 AM - edited 11-28-2012 10:50 AM
Try following the uninstall steps in this document: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docnam
If you get an error while uninstalling the driver take this extra step.f an error message lays while you are uninstalling the software, follow these steps.
- Click or tap OK to close the error message.
- Click or tap the bottom left corner of the screen to switch to the Start screen.
- Move the mouse or tap the top or bottom right-hand corner of the screen to open the Charms Bar .
- Click or tap Settings .
- Click or tap Tiles .
- Move the slider bar under Show administrative tools to Yes .
- Click or tap the bottom left corner of the screen to switch to the Start screen, and then click or tap the Print Management tile.
- Double-click or double-tap All Printers .
- Find every instance of the printer you are trying to uninstall, right-click or tap and hold the name, and then click or tap Delete .
- Close the Print Management window, return to Programs and Features , and then continue uninstalling the remaining printer software.
Then reinstall the driver.
If I have helped you solve your issue please mark this post solved.
11-28-2012 10:49 AM
Select the correct win 8 driver and install it for this model via the link below
Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may select the "Kudos" button on any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks.