Question

Honor Student
GndB
Message 1 of 4 (2,827 Views)

Cannot install from CP1510 Series installation CD in Windows 7 Pro (64)

I see other posts related to this same problem with other printers . . .

Error while trying to install the printer as it is checking sytem requirements.

"This sofware cannot be installed using the "Run as..." command. The installation cannot continue until this issue is resolved.

Required Action: Click cancel to exit the software installation. Log off and Log on as a user with administrative privileges . . .

I am logged in with administrator privileges.

I spent two hours on chat trying to manually assign an IP address to the printer port for the CP1518ni printer after installing the plug-play generic driver with the printer connected via USB. I finally was able to use the "add a printer" function and add the network printer using the same driver (would have been simpler if the chat support had known to do this).

HOWEVER, this does not get me all the printer management features available from the CD install that are available on my Vista OS computer.

When will a new download with the complete printer support functionality be available for Windows 7 Professional (64)?

Teacher
Fresh_Prints
Message 2 of 4 (2,795 Views)

Re: Cannot install from CP1510 Series installation CD in Windows 7 Pro (64)

The recommended install method is to use the drivers available through Windows 7. The driver included in Windows 7 allows full functionality of the printer. The only additional software provided on the CD is the HP LaserJet ToolboxFX. You can get to all the settings that are provided in ToolboxFX by using the printers control panel and menus or if you are connected to the network you can access the products Embedded Web Server (EWS) by typing the printers IP Address into your browser.

Please note I have a new account Print_Hint
(this one is no longer active)

Although I am an HP Support Engineer, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Honor Student
GndB
Message 3 of 4 (2,788 Views)

When I print from the Vista install, there is a popup status that shows the ink level in the indiviudal cartirdges. That popup cartridge status doesn't happen in the Windows 7 driver install.

Honor Student
GndB
Message 4 of 4 (2,764 Views)

So . . .

No HP "expert" has chosen to answer my original question. When will a Windows 7 compatible version of the full CP1510 series printer install CD be available?

The existing Windows 7 compatible driver is NOT equivalent to the driver installed from the CD. I have made good use of the Printing Shortcuts that exist in the CD install but are not available in the W7 version. 

I have since found an install approach that provides the popup ink status during printing. I will share that information for an answer to my question specifically for drivers "with the same capability that exists in Vista."

While the information provided by HP regarding Software and Drivers Available

http://h41112.www4.hp.com/promo/win7web/printer-support/us/en/laserjet.html

isn't incorrect; it doesn't present the complete story.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation