10-23-2010 02:42 PM
When I try to "Add a printer" through the control panel on a computer not directly connected to the printer, it does not work. I am able to find it over the wifi connection but when the computer tries to install the printer, it cannot find what drivers to install. When I added my Lexmark printer to our laptops a few months ago the exact same way, it worked just fine.
I have the printer connected directly to our desktop pc through USB. It is connected to wifi through our wireless router, and, like I said, all the laptops can find it over wifi just fine. They just can't install and use it.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS