10-14-2012 11:40 AM - edited 10-14-2012 12:39 PM
HP Deskjet 5550 running Windows Vista Build 6002. I try to clean my print heads via Printing Preferences > Clean Print Cartridges > Clean and nothing happens. I suspect and option or setting but cannot see anything wrong nor can I see any options available for turning on this facility.
10-19-2012 06:27 PM
That is very Odd! You can try it the good old fasion way! Follow the instructinos below to force the printer to clean the printheads:
Press the "Wrench" icon
Select "Clean Printhead"
If that does not work, be sure and let us know! Thanks!
Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
12-31-2012 12:08 PM
01-02-2013 05:49 PM
You are in luck though, because this printer uses IPH (integrated printhead) cartridges. Anytime you change a cartridge the unit will have a fresh new printhead for that port (tri-color or black). As well, check out the document located here for information about how to manually clean an IPH cartridge.
If manually cleaning a cartridge is unable to get the desired print quality, then you may want to consider changing the cartridge as one of the ports may be clogged. Hope this helps.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS