07-19-2010 08:29 AM
I installed my 2550 on my new Windows 7 computer, printer works fine so the driver must be OK. Problem is that the support programs on the CD will not run. All of them generate a Java error. I need to run one of the maintenance programs - or I might as well junk the printer! All my system s is on auto update so I really am lost.
12-03-2010 01:53 PM
Only the Universal Print Drivers (UPD) are supported in Windows 7.
10-11-2011 03:42 PM
SAME PROBLEM! Wasted an hour talking to someone in India who suggested that I replace all my toner cartridges, and then that I simply upgrade my printer. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY PRINTER!! Except that the colors are misaligned, and I can't align them without the bloody TOOLBOX which won't run on my Windows 7 64 bit S.P. 2 operating system. It is RIDICULOUS that HP doesn't have a solution for this. I may never buy their products again.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS