Question

Student
crabist
Message 1 of 4 (1,986 Views)

Color LaserJet 2550 - HP Toolbox software won't run under Windows 7

I installed my 2550 on my new Windows 7 computer, printer works fine so the driver must be OK. Problem is that the support programs on the CD will not run. All of them generate a Java error. I need  to run one of the maintenance programs - or I might as well junk the printer! All my system s is on auto update so I really am lost.

Student
Elhixon
Message 2 of 4 (1,797 Views)

Re: Color LaserJet 2550 - HP Toolbox software won't run under Windows 7

Did you ever get a response to this? I have the same issue and it's driving me nuts.

Teacher
strmcsr
Message 3 of 4 (1,779 Views)

Only the Universal Print Drivers (UPD) are supported in Windows 7.

Though I work for HP, My posts express MY opinion, and not those of HP.
Honor Student
mickeymatt
Message 4 of 4 (1,403 Views)

SAME PROBLEM!  Wasted an hour talking to someone in India who suggested that I replace all my toner cartridges, and then that I simply upgrade my printer.  THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY PRINTER!! Except that the colors are misaligned, and I can't align them without the bloody TOOLBOX which won't run on my Windows 7 64 bit S.P. 2 operating system.  It is RIDICULOUS that HP doesn't have a solution for this.  I may never buy their products again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation