Re: Color LaserJet CM1312nfi MFP --- MAC OS X 10.7.2 -- scanner not working (1269 Views)
Honor Student
jordancww1
Message 1 of 9 (9,594 Views)

Color LaserJet CM1312nfi MFP --- MAC OS X 10.7.2 -- scanner not working

The printer works fine but we cannot get the scanner to work -- I tried to download the drivers available online to no avail --- the machine is relatively new and works fine, clearly its an issue b/w the OS and the scanner --- what can I do to get it to work? the computer doesn't recognize the scanner currently

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 9 (9,584 Views)

Re: Color LaserJet CM1312nfi MFP --- MAC OS X 10.7.2 -- scanner not working

The Lion OS driver currently available for for your product available from Apple Software Update and contains Print Support Only.

According the following document, scanning software should become available till the end of 2011:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c02950970#A3

You may try the following workaround for the meantime, although i cannot guarantee it will work and may not be stable as expected:

Enter System Preferences > Print & Scan, select any existing 1312 print wueue, then click the Minus sign to remove it.

If the Mac OS X 10.6 software currently installed on your Mac, skip the steps marked in red below:

Download the Mac OS 10.6 installation below by clicking the download button:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18...

Skip the Setup Assistant and follow the steps till the installation will finish.

Perform the following steps in order to provide the Setup Assistant the right permissions to complete:
1. Open Terminal from the Utilities folder
2. Type “sudo “ (with space) in the Terminal.
3. Locate the HP Setup Assistant in folder Applications/HP LaserJet Software
4. Right-click (CTRL+Left click from a Mac keyboard) the HP Setup Assistant and choose “Show Package Contents”.
5. Open the “Contents” folder and then click “MacOS” folder. It should contain the Unix Executable File of HP Setup Assistant.
6. Drag the HP Setup Assistant (Unix Executable File) into the Terminal and press enter. Terminal will ask for the password of the user.
7. After writing the password press Enter Button.

Now follow the Setup Assistant Steps to complete.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
jordancww1
Message 3 of 9 (9,578 Views)

Thank you --- everything went fine until it came to the entering my password on terminal part --- I can't type anything in there it won't let me! For some reason I can't type there ---- I typed sudo then dragged the unix file there, hit enter, it said enter your password, but then it didn't record any typing i did....??

Honor Student
jackconnolly
Message 4 of 9 (7,729 Views)

I've just upgraded to  MAC OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion) hoping that may address this issue.  That didn't change anything.  What I did discover is that it isn't an OS issue at all.  It's an HP driver issue.  When HP released the 1.5.0 driver, they broke it.  I removed 1.5 and fortunately I still had 1.4 lying around.  I installed 1.4 and my functionality is back.  I would hope that HP would pull the faulty driver and put 1.4 back up there.

Student
bobcuck
Message 5 of 9 (7,112 Views)

Are you able to share the 1.4 driver?

Thanks

Honor Student
jackconnolly
Message 6 of 9 (7,107 Views)

Google is your friend Sir .... you can redownload 1.4 or 1.5 here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/ProductList.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodTypeId...

important safety tip ... this wouldn't work for me until I got into finder --> Applications --> HP Laserjet MFP , used the HP uninstall tool.  Also, I have this working on mountain lion (10.8), so you should be OK.  Lastly, you may get a Software Update notice from Apple that the 2.11 driver is available.  It says it installs but all it really does is hose your printer environment.  1.4 works for me so I'm not upgrading and invoking the wrath of the computer gods to come down from Olympus and smote me again :-)

Honor Student
admanb
Message 7 of 9 (2,555 Views)

Thank you!!  I recently upgraded to Mountain Lion as well and I could scan under my user account (which is the admin account), but my wife couldn't scan from her account.  By Uninstalling the latest HP software using the uninstaller in the HP LaserJet applications folder and installing the v1.4 software, we're back up and running again!  Thanks for sharing the workaround.

Honor Student
Bugase
Message 8 of 9 (2,237 Views)

I have uninstalled my driver as you indicated and installed the v1.4 but I still can not scan. I get an erro message that the feature is not available

Honor Student
admanb
Message 9 of 9 (1,269 Views)

After upgrading to Mavericks, we again lost scanning capability, but the instructions in Shlomi's above response helped us regain it.

Reposting them here in a more concise fashion:

1. Sign in as an administrative user, then in Finder, locate the "HP Setup Assistant" in folder Applications/HP LaserJet Software.

2. Right-click it and choose “Show Package Contents”, then expand the “Contents” and “MacOS” folders. You should see the Unix Executable File of HP Setup Assistant.
3. Drag the HP Setup Assistant (Unix Executable File) into an open Terminal window and press enter. Terminal will ask for the password, so provide it an press enter.

Follow the Setup Assistant steps to complete and you should have scanning functionality back!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation