09-05-2009 07:44 AM
I'm after some help with the Laserjet 2605DN as there are no drivers for Windows 7 available currently. If I install the universal print driver v5 or v6 it does work however only in black and white. I have tried installing every driver available even the Vista64 bit driver, but all I get is black and white prints again.
I know the printer is functioning correctly and has plenty of ink, so this must be a driver issue.
Any ideas folks?
10-29-2009 09:25 AM
It helped for me to force the device type of the printer to "color".
Since I have a German UI, I don't know the exact translation of the menus: You've got to go to the printer properties, in the tab "device properties" (third in the upper row) and then to the bottom of the list (last option, something like "printer type" or "device type"). There should be a pull down-menu, change the printer type to "color" here.
11-28-2009 07:18 AM
12-17-2009 08:38 PM
How to do it (german):
Important part: you have to manually set color and duplex.
07-17-2010 06:09 PM
Right click on the Printer icon, Choose Printer Properties, Choose Device Setting tab, Scroll all the way down. The very last line under Installable Options is Device Type - Select COLOR. Took a while to find but thank goodness...
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS