04-03-2012 07:17 PM
I just upgraded the firmware on my HP CP1215 and I am unable to print a configuration page because I print through a D-Link (DPR-1260) print server. How can I confirm that the printer has received the firmware.
04-04-2012 04:27 AM
not sure about the print server, but you will need a working communication between driver/software and printer in order to print a configuration page (where you will find the firmware version), just press and hold the green resume button for two or three seconds and it will print. Same goes for the HP Toolbox, you will find the firmware version listed under Status -> Device Configuration.
In case there is a communication issue between driver/software and printer, this needs to be fixed first in order to get the firmware version. Would connect the printer via USB with my computer.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS