09-18-2013 07:36 PM
I am having a problem trying to install a new printer. As an administrator on a active directory domain on a Windows XP machine; when I go to install the software on the HP LaserJet Pro 100 Color MFP M175nw CD with serial number CE866-60105 v1.1, the installation which says "product has been detected - waiting for product setup to finish. This may take several minutes..." takes about ~40min to go through the installation. After this time passes the installation progress bar gets to 99% and then it says "Error - An install operation took too long to execute. This is a fatal error preventing product use. Please restart your computer and run the installer again. If the problem persists, please check the product support web site for your product.
I've attached this error screen to this post. What do I need to do to get this printer installed?
Jeremiah O'Neal - NST
09-20-2013 07:13 AM
I would like to assist you, but I have a few questions I need to ask first:
How are you trying to install the printer?
Does it install on another computer?
11-04-2014 07:08 AM
I have a similar installation error like Jeremiah-NST.
I was sucessful installing CD setup on my Dell XPS Laptop but have spent 2 days trying to go through the same installation process on my Toshiba Satellite laptop.
i'm using the setup Hp printer cd to do the installation on the computer hence the same error post like the one of Jeremiah-NST.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS