Customer Participation Program Software (47031 Views)
Honor Student
Gbunny
Message 1 of 23 (47,031 Views)

Customer Participation Program Software

I don't know a lot about computers but when trying to see what was slowing down my computer, I noticed I have 3 programs installed related to HP.  The Customer Participation Program is 225 MB - is it necessary to keep this program on my computer?  Is it part of the print driver?  Thanks.

Teacher
Richard_Wang
Message 2 of 23 (47,026 Views)

Re: Customer Participation Program Software

It is NOT a part of print driver. It provides customers an opportunity to participate in market research designed to improve HP products and experiences, and various programs with benefits such as special offers, awards and enhanced technical support. You can remove it if you think it is not necessary to you.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Richard
Honor Student
applejack62
Message 3 of 23 (46,921 Views)

Thank you Richard for your answer. This program is a huge waste of disk space. HP should inform us of the size of this program during installation. Thanks.
Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 4 of 23 (46,917 Views)

Actually, if you select a Custom installation, you can see the file size of each software component you're installing, and you can uncheck the ones you dont want to install.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Top Student
GailC
Message 5 of 23 (45,724 Views)

this pop-up display asking for market research.msi is driving me crazy.  after viewing your reply i went to Control panel Add/Remove programms. I found this program but there is no option to remove or delete.  How can I get rid of this VERY ANNOYING pop-up
Student
rpmorrison
Message 6 of 23 (44,571 Views)

I have been having an odd problem FOR WEEKS and found a few minutes ago that it was caused by CPP software.

Toshiba running XP Pro w/ SP3, all updates in. Using an Officejet J4680 - all updates to software installed.

When I would try to open XL and sometimes Word, and AutoCad 2007 I would have to follow a ritual: Double-click (to open) then wait 5 sec. or so. Meanwhile NOTHING would happen. Double click again and I would get the hourglass then after a few seconds whatever folder I had open would indicate "Not Responding" then after another delay the application would open, without fail, and behave normally. This would happen maybe 98% of the time and I could not find a pattern.

An IT guy at work found an article on the web that stated there may be an issue with scanner software and had some wierd fix that didn't work. As a matter of fact I had to reload MS Office. That was a week or so ago.

This morning I removed only the CPP software and everything is normal. If someone that cares would like to send this to an appropriate group, thats fine.

My email - rmorrison@tec-automation.com.

Student
Dude49484
Message 7 of 23 (26,841 Views)

[ Edited ]

This program is the reason for my recent computer crash - it came with my photosmart printer.  And I am even on an HP computer!!!

Piece of garbage.

I had a tech guy come out and work on it for 3 hours, countless hours from a Microsoft Level 2 tech (who was going to be paid if he solved my computer problems).

Very frustrating!

Also, it took about 30 minutes for the uninstall - be patient, it eventually finishes.

Student
persisto
Message 8 of 23 (21,444 Views)

I just signed up to express my very strong displeasure of the waste of space HP software is:225 MB for a customer user expereince!! I want to print and scan occaisionally:  I dont want a user experience! I dont need a user experience.

I dont want 300 MB of software to run a printer/scanner.

After uninstall, you have to reboot, no option to delay!!

Just because of this rubbish that I did not ask for I WILL NEVER BUY an HP product again.

Honor Student
MrVoidman
Message 9 of 23 (16,949 Views)

Its amazing that such a professional company resorts to this. I can uninstall this crap (that Windows installed FOR ME) but how do I know it won't get installed again? I bet the next version gets installed soon. If so this printer is going in the garbage. I will never buy an HP printer again. People please post your feelings about this in products reviews online where you bought it. Teach HP a lesson.
Student
lawdog38
Message 10 of 23 (15,768 Views)

applejack62 wrote:
Thank you Richard for your answer. This program is a huge waste of disk space. HP should inform us of the size of this program during installation. Thanks.

some one please tell me how to get this software off my computer. It has a error and will not work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation