Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue but with Windows 8 on HP Envy 15 notebook with Photosmart D110a printer.  Below is the error message I get.   I have downloaded the 64 bit package four times and used the install assistant.... no dice!

d110 error.jpg

HP Recommended

Hello

I understand you aren't able to install the printer and getting a error system can't find the file specified.

Open devices and printer, select add a printer and run through the wizard. The installation should fail to find a driver, but it should give you an option to browse for one. Direct it to the temp folder,  7z folder, (example 7zs4d1a) then to the .inf file. Finish the wizard install.

(usually saves the extracted file to c:, users, your computer name, app data, local,
temp)

Let me know if that helps.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, this did not do the trick either. When I located the file in the temp directory, I continue to receive the same error;

"The System Cannot Find The File Specified"

Thanks for your continued efforts.

HP Recommended

Yeah but that will not allow me to install the software suite so I can use the scan software.  THat's the most important thing being able to scan multiple page docs into a PDF.

HP Recommended

Hello

Here are some steps provided by a previous post from pcwizard.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-Setup/Install-Error-quot-The-system-cannot-f...

Hope this helps.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Greetings HP folks,

Well..we have been at this for the better part of two months. I have spent countless hours trying every suggestion provided to no avail. I still receive the same error. After reading through this thread, tt seems that other Windows 8.1 users are experiencing similar issues.

-Has this been identified as a known issue and, if so, is HP working on a solution?

Sadly, I cannot work without a functioning scanner and need to know if I should be buying a new multi-function device.

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and suggestions throughout this discussion!! Very much appreciated!!

HP Recommended

HI there,

Did you want to try the software scrubber that we have developed to try to fix this problem?

Please Personnel Message me with an email address and I will email it to you.

Thanks

JonW

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help with this ongoing issue JonW. It seems that the scrubber ultimately did the trick. Everything is now up and running beautifully. Most appreciated!! 🙂

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issues with the file cannot be specified. I have done all of the previous fixes but still get the same error. I've even done a full restore from backup but when trying to fix my HP C6180 All in One Printer connection problems by uninstalling then reinstalling the downloaded software I get the same error. Can yo email me the scrubber. Allready have used the L4uninstall which is why I've had to do a complete install from image. Running win8.1 upgrade from win8.0 on HP desktop HP Pavilion.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Where can I find this scrubber software? I'm having the same problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.