Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

HI all,

The scrubber that we developed was found not to work when we understood what the real problem was behind the error.

The installer is being corrupted and so is the uninstaller (scrubber) so if the installer will not run nor will the uninstaller.

After testing we have found that turning off real time scanning on Mcafee Livescan 2014 stops this problem from occuring.

The LiveScan 2014 only needs to have the realtime scanning module turned off for 15 mins so that the install will complete, the realtime scanner has no effect on use once the install is complete.

JonW

I work for HP
HP Recommended

I have an Office Jet Pro L7650.  I am having a similar issue when trying to install the printer driver to my computer with Windows 8.1 - 64 byte.  The error message is "System cannot find file specified".

How can I get the scrubber software.

Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

I would be interested in using the software scrubber mentioned. I have had ongoing issues with using my Photosmart D110 scanning function since I purchased 2 new PCs with Windows 8.1 (not upgrades).

I have repeatedly uninstalled all remenats of the printer from my PCs, uploaded a new/full copy of the software from the HP site, and each time received the error from HP Solution Center regarding the incomplete install (I have tried both using a USB cable and the wireless connection install, that I have always used since first purchasing the printer).

Thanks,

Kim Greenwood

[Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

@JonW wrote:

HI all,

The scrubber that we developed was found not to work when we understood what the real problem was behind the error.

The installer is being corrupted and so is the uninstaller (scrubber) so if the installer will not run nor will the uninstaller.

After testing we have found that turning off real time scanning on Mcafee Livescan 2014 stops this problem from occuring.

The LiveScan 2014 only needs to have the realtime scanning module turned off for 15 mins so that the install will complete, the realtime scanner has no effect on use once the install is complete.

Please read my response from before.

The scrubber does not work at the moment, we have found problems with LiveSafe 2014 stopping our installer from working correctly.

If you have this installed please disable Realtime Scanning while installing our software

JonW

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Jon,

I have turned off my Firewall and Virus scanning SW. I have uninstalled all SW for the D110a and reinstalled using the full version and the Install Wizard. I cannot get HP Solution Center to work with either type of install.

Printer = Photosmart D110a

OS = Window 8.1 64-bit

I have tried using a USB cable during the install and a wireless setup. Wireless has worked in the past.

During my last install attempt with the INstall Wizard the installer could not find my printer via a network search and when it attempted a Windows Update search the results did not include a Photosmart D110a (or any D110).

I think I am going to buy a new All in One device tomorrow. I cannot be without a working scanner.

Appreciate your assistance.

Kim

HP Recommended

I turned off Live Scan for 15 minutes as suggested and I was able to successfully install the drivers.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

are referring to Virus Scanning and Firewalls...I had turned both off during attempts to complete this install.

HP Recommended
JonW The HP Expert who works for HP,
Pls pls help. I have the driver installation problem with my Windows 8.1 installing the driver for HP L7780 printer. It failed at the stage stating "The system cannot find the file specified".   I search websites and found that you have the solution thro' the software scrubber....

See your msg previously below

=====================================
  Re: D110 installation issues with Windows 8.1

[ New ]

HI there,

Did you want to try the software scrubber that we have developed to try to fix this problem?

Please Personnel Message me with an email address and I will email it to you.

Thanks

JonW

HP Recommended

please send me the scrubber asap

I am close to believing the solution is to replace the printer with a non-hp product

HP Recommended

I have resolved the problem by "Restoring" my system to an earlier date before I encountered the problem and it helped but it gave me another error msg box which was not a problem but a nuisance.     So in the end I reset the computer to default state and re-install all my programmes   - including the HP driver  - and it ran ok.   It was hard work ....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.