04-30-2014 03:18 PM
I have Windowx XP Pro 64-Bit and the software from HP.com for XP and Vista-64 Bit will not install. Both reply with Operating System is not supported. Is there no other solution as I would have thought the XP version would still install ?
04-30-2014 03:29 PM
XP 64 bit was a short-lived experiment and very few people ever installed it. It was notoriously buggy and unstable although quite a bit faster than standard XP. There used to be a website in the day where XP 64 bit drivers were collected called planetamd64.com but I think it is shut down now.
It might be possible to modify the Vista 64 bit driver to work with XP 64 bit. It would involve editing the actual driver code text.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS