Default PDF page size is 35 inches by 45 inches instead of 8.5 X 11 (473 Views)
Honor Student
Packlet
Message 1 of 2 (473 Views)

Default PDF page size is 35 inches by 45 inches instead of 8.5 X 11

I recently bought an HP 8500A Plus and installed all the software. When I scan from the printer, my PDFs are all 35 inches X 45 inches instead of my intended 8.5 X 11. Where can I change these settings? Thanks.

Honor Student
Packlet
Message 2 of 2 (453 Views)

Re: Default PDF page size is 35 inches by 45 inches instead of 8.5 X 11

To date, I have not received any help on this issue.:smileysad: I have done some further digging and have discovered that the "scan to computer - save as PDF" uses an AUTOMATION script in Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5.8). Using the HP Utility 4.6.3, editing the "save to PDF" script, the linear script shows these actions: "Scan from an HP Device", then "Change Scanned File Type", then "Move Finder Items" and finally "Reveal Finder Items". The "Change Scanned File Type" has format selected as "PDF". The error or omission that causes the giant file size (described in my earlier post) lies in this step, because when I select "PDF-Searchable" (an added OCR step) the finished file is correctly 8.5 X 11 in. as selected in the "Scan from an HP Device" subprogram in the previous automation step, selected as "Crop To: US Letter". The "Change File Type" format "PDF" action must change the "US Letter" preset from the earlier automation step. Can someone with knowlege of Automation scripts or "actions" please help me edit the "Change Scanned File Type" format "PDF" to include that portion of script found in "PDF - Searchable" that keeps the file size at the preselected 8 X 11? Thanks.

PS. Tested. Not an issue from Windows 7.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation