09-19-2011 05:35 PM
I recently bought an HP 8500A Plus and installed all the software. When I scan from the printer, my PDFs are all 35 inches X 45 inches instead of my intended 8.5 X 11. Where can I change these settings? Thanks.
09-24-2011 03:31 PM
To date, I have not received any help on this issue. I have done some further digging and have discovered that the "scan to computer - save as PDF" uses an AUTOMATION script in Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5.8). Using the HP Utility 4.6.3, editing the "save to PDF" script, the linear script shows these actions: "Scan from an HP Device", then "Change Scanned File Type", then "Move Finder Items" and finally "Reveal Finder Items". The "Change Scanned File Type" has format selected as "PDF". The error or omission that causes the giant file size (described in my earlier post) lies in this step, because when I select "PDF-Searchable" (an added OCR step) the finished file is correctly 8.5 X 11 in. as selected in the "Scan from an HP Device" subprogram in the previous automation step, selected as "Crop To: US Letter". The "Change File Type" format "PDF" action must change the "US Letter" preset from the earlier automation step. Can someone with knowlege of Automation scripts or "actions" please help me edit the "Change Scanned File Type" format "PDF" to include that portion of script found in "PDF - Searchable" that keeps the file size at the preselected 8 X 11? Thanks.
PS. Tested. Not an issue from Windows 7.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS