Question

Honor Student
Maurie28
Message 1 of 4 (216 Views)

Deskjet 3050A j611 (Windows 7) - Network printer goes offline DAILY!!

I've tried EVERYTHING... Uninstalled/reinstalled, online & with disk, updated latest drivers, unplugged routers, printers, computers, rebooted all...  Installed & ran scan doctor software & troubleshooted until I am ready to scream.  I've gone through the "Troubleshoot HP Installation Failure - Network" application & again had it working for a day & now NOTHING.  I download the drivers but my computer is not "finding" network printer (both connected to the same network/both through the same router).  I used to just be able to "Remove Device" from devices & printers and then add it again, but now it's just not finding it anymore.  I even find IP address on the printer display and try to use that when trying to install the printer, but still NOTHING.  

I am so sick of having to continually troubleshoot these issues without a long-term solution!!  Looking online in forums & through HP Support has done nothing to help except to repeat the same instructions over and over to people with it working for some and not for others.  Can someone PUUUHHHLEASE give me some NEW information that will solve this problem for me once & for all?  

By the way, this is the second printer with which this keeps happening.  I actually got rid of the other one trying to solve this problem thinking that a new printer surely would have been upgraded enough to not have these same issues.

Please please please help me!!!!

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 4 (211 Views)

Re: Deskjet 3050A j611 (Windows 7) - Network printer goes offline DAILY!!

Hi,

No, it should not come offline at all. Please use the following tips/instructions to fix:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02221706&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Maurie28
Message 3 of 4 (200 Views)

I've gone through all the "solutions" many, many times and it continues to happen.   I've seen and followed that link many, many times... ugh.

Student
agirl1967
Message 4 of 4 (38 Views)

I'm having (and have had in the past) the same problem and am just as frustrated. I've spent hours trying to fix it using all the suggestions they listed and with no luck. Class is starting in a few days and I don't have the money to get another one and it's a hassle to keep going to the library to print which is why I bought a printer to begin with. I've tried the link and it says :

HP was unable to find the page you wanted.

So now what?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation